- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
I have 20 years of NHS experience working with people who present with a range of emotional difficulties.
I offer a talking therapy to help people with their symptoms but I also aim to address the underlying reasons for their symptoms, in an effort to prevent future relapses.
As a Clinical Psychologist, I draw on different models to help my clients, and I have specialist training and experience in offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Couples and Family therapy as well as in-depth therapies (i.e. Short term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy or DIT).
Areas of interest
Individual Psychological therapy for Depression;
Cognitive Behavioural therapy for Anxiety disorders such as Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Post traumatic stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder;
I have a special interest in helping individuals with growth and development and adjusting to life events, such as relationship difficulties, work related stressors, physical health problems, bereavements, and the birth of a child .
Current NHS consultant posts held
Deputy Clinical Lead
IAPT North & East Hertfordshire
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
The link between emotional distress and physical health issues.
Psychoanalytic theory and application.
Change Management in Organisations.
Compassionate Mind Therapy
Creative writing and art
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Afrikaans - Fluent
- M.Sc Clinical Psychology University of Stellenbosch, South Africa 1997
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT Royal Holloway, University of London 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate in working with Personality Difficulties University of East London, Henderson Hospital and Cassel Hospital 2004
- Post graduate training in Dynamic Interpersonal Psychotherapy Anna Freud Centre 2019
Affiliations / memberships
Accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, BABCP
BPS Associate Fellow
BPS Chartered Psychologist
- Old Welwyn Clinic
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 07708 066074
- The Albany Centre 4 Victoria Street ST ALBANS...
- 09:30 - 17:00
- 07708 066074
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: mariettebothma