- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and have been practising for over 12 years. I work with individuals and groups who are struggling with a wide range of difficulties. I use many different therapeutic models and techniques, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Compassion-Focussed Therapy and Mindfulness, with the aim of helping to alleviate people's suffering.
Having worked for the NHS for 10 years, I now work solely in private practice in both Battersea, London and Nether Edge, Sheffield.
I qualified with a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from University College, London, and since then have completed a number of recognised and accredited trainings, including a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, and Compassionate Mind Training with Professor Paul Gilbert. I have also trained in a specialist treatment for trauma (EMDR).
I am accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) by for the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
Areas of interest
Trauma; Major trauma; Clinical psychology; Counselling; CBT; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Psychotherapy; Therapy; Anxiety disorders; Individual therapy; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Depression; Bereavement; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); stress; pain; mental illness; Adults
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Rheumatological conditions
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology University College London 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London 2009
- Compassion Focused Therapy Professor Paul Gilbert 2008
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Association of Behavioual and Cognitive Therapies BABCP 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Health Professionals Council, 2008