- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Since qualification, I have worked in both the NHS - in primary care, palliative care, neurorehabilitation and staff support, in situ and in the community in parallel with my private practice. During this time, I have met people with diverse worries, concerns and problems and offered integrative counselling, that is a range of interventions based upon theories and models that I believe, in agreement with the client, will be most effective and beneficial for client's emotional health and general well-being.
Areas of interest
Major trauma; Bereavement; Depression; Eating disorders; Anxiety disorders; Individual therapy; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Long-term illness
For my masters, I explored the psychological and physical health outcomes for bereaved parents who had cared for children with life-limiting conditions. In some respects the results were expected but there were also some surprising results.
- MSc Psychotherapy University of Sheffield 2012
- Dip Clinical Supervision Cascade Training Associates 2006
- Dip Integrative Counselling Kingston College 2000
- IAPT Training Institute of Psychiatry, London 2009
- IAPT Supervisors' CBT Training University of Surrey 2010
Affiliations / memberships
MBACP Senior Accredited Counsellor