- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Foot & Ankle
Mr Ranjith has experience of dealing with most conditions of the lower limb, with a special interest in knee surgery.
Professional interests: Knee Surgery - Knee replacement surgery including patient specific replacements. Arthroscopy, sports injury, ACL reconstruction.
Mr Ranjith did his postgraduate training in England (Liverpool, Bournemouth, Harrogate), Ireland and USA. He was awarded fellowships in Adult Spine at the Cleveland Clinic, USA and Knee Surgery at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital as well as Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals. Mr Ranjith was awarded a travelling fellowship which took him to centres of excellence in Germany in 2008.
Areas of interest
Joint replacements including bespoke replacements; Ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament; Arthroscopy of Hip, Knee and Ankle, Foot surgery; Ankle surgery; Lower limb trauma
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Gursharan Bawa Fee Assured
- Dr Shabir Qadri Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon,
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals
• Use of stem cells to treat osteochondral defects.
• Cartilage Regeneration Techniques
• PRP Injections for tendinopathy and acute Achilles ruptures
• Exogen treatment for delayed union of fractures.
• Comparative analysis of lateral retinacular release rates and flexion gap symmetry using different methods of Total Knee Arthroplasty
Photography, Painting, Angling, Table Tennis.
German Orthopaedic Fellowship awarded for being the highest scoring candidate in the SICOT Examination 2007-2008.
Staff Recognition Award 2014, Certificate of Excellence for Postgraduate Education and Training 2014 for being voted as Postgraduate Trainer of the Year
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Vertebral Corpectomy for Thoracic Tumour/ Infection .McLain , Ranjith.R.Kuzhupilly;Surgical Techniques of the Spine (Ed-.Haher & Merola), Thieme.
2. Developmental Spinal Anatomy .Ranjith.R.Kuzhupilly, Bell;Principles and Practice of Spine Surgery (Ed.- Vaccaro, Betz & Ziedman), Mosby (Elsevier)
1.3D-CT volume rendering techniques in Endoscopic Thoracoplasty. Lieberman, Ranjith.R.Kuzhupilly, Davros, Reinhardt,The Spine Journal1(2001)
2.In vitro stability of FRA spacers with integrated crossed screws for anterior lumbar interbody fusion.Ranjith.R.Kuzhupilly, Lieberman, McLain,Valdevit,Kambic, The Spine May, 2002; Vol27, No9
3.Hangman's fracture caused by suspected child abuse: a case report.Ranjith.R.K, Mullett, Burke, the Journal of Paediatric Orthpaedics BOct 2002;11(4)
4.Total knee replacement following high tibial osteotomy.Madan, Ranjith.R.K, Fiddian, the Bull Hosp Jt Dis.2002-2003;61(1-2)
5.Intermediate follow-up of high tibial osteotomy: a comparison of two techniques.Madan.S, Ranjith.R.K, Fiddian.N.J, published in the Bull Hosp Jt Dis. 2002-2003;61(1-2)
6.Optimising femoral component rotation using Equiflex instrumentation – a clinical review.Ranjith.R.Kuzhupilly, Seferiadis, Lennox in Int OrthopaedicsJune 2008,Vol.32,No.3)
1. Arthrodesis of the Knee - Friend or Foe.R.K.Ranjith, Donnachie, Parkinson , in JBJS (Br) 1998; 80-B:Supp I
2. The Seidel Nail - Open for Improvement.Mullett, McCarthy, R.K.Ranjith, Burke, Butler, JBJS (Br) 1998; 80-B: Supp II.
3. Impaction Grafting - A look at the initial structural integrity : an in vitro analysis of two techniques.R.K.Ranjith Mullett, El-Dahab, Rajput, Masterson, Burke, Butler, Evans,Nokes, in JBJS (Br) 1998; 80-B: Supp III
4. Does Cement mixing technique have an effect on the Cement Implant Interface?Mullett, R.K.Ranjith,Burke, Hill, in JBJS (Br) 1998; 80-B: Supp III
5. Biomet Anatomic Graduated Components Equiflex Total Knee Replacement – A clinical review of the early results.R.K.Ranjith, Seferiadis, Lennox, in JBJS (Br) 2008; 90-B: Supp III
6. Orthopaedic patients undergoing Hip or Knee Replacement; their dental hygiene status and perceptions of risk of perioperative infection associated with future dental treatment. Baskaran, Ujam, Ranjith.International Journal of Surgery (2013); Vol.11,Iss 8
Courses offered to GPs
1) GP Learning Programme 2016
Inflammatory and osteoarthritis – Lower Limb
2) Knee pain in general practice
3) Examination and Injection techniques in the Lower Limb
- MBBS Calcutta University 1990
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1994
- MSc Orthopaedic Engineering Cardiff University 1997
- FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College of Surgeons of England 2007
- Dip SICOT Societe Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopaedique et de Traumatologie 2007
- Fellow European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology 2009
- MSc Health Science and Clinical Practice (Orthopaedics) University of Central Lancashire 2009
- MCh Orthopaedics Edge Hill University 2012
- Knee Fellowship Royal Bournemouth Hospital 1998
- Knee Fellowship Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital 2005
Reference number 4244662
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Clinical Advisor Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman 2012
- Member British Orthopaedic Association 2016
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Kerry Crowder- 07901693162
Nuffield Brentwood Hospital- 01277 889230
Spire Wellesley Hopsital- 01702 462944
Spire Hartswood Hospital- 01277 232525