- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Video and telephone consultations
Miss Bina Parmar BSc (Hons), MBBS, FRCOphth Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon with specialist interest in paediatrics and strabismus.
Miss Parmar qualified in Medicine from the University of London King's College in 1998. She underwent postgraduate surgical training in Ophthalmology in South Thames including St Thomas's Hospital before gaining entry into a premier higher specialist training programme at Moorfields Eye Hospital. She undertook two subspecialty fellowships and gained a huge amount of experience in paediatrics and strabismus the first at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the second at Addenbrookes Hospital Cambridge.
She was awarded her FRCOphth in 2008 and completion of training in 2009. Miss Parmar worked as a locum consultant at Moorfields Eye Hospital before commencing her substantive post at Milton Keynes Hospital in 2011.
She takes an active part in training, assessing and mentoring trainees.
Areas of interest
• General ophthalmology • Paediatric ophthalmology • Strabismus ('squint') • • Cataract surgery with Monofocal Lenses. Benign Lid Lumps. Antiwrinkle treatment and YAG laser
- Secretary to Miss Bina Parmar
- BMI Clementine Churchill Sudbury Hill Harrow HA1 3RX
- 07580 671137
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Nadeem Sabir Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Miss Parmar holds a consultant post at Milton Keynes University Teaching Hospital. She has taken part in numerous leadership and training roles as a consultant. She currently is doing the
Associate Medical Director role (Workforce and Clinical Outcomes) at Milton Keynes University Teaching Hospital and Deputy Block Lead role in Special Senses for Buckingham Medical School. She has also participated at a few institutes in a Medical Advisor role.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
Courses offered to GPs
Red Eye Talk
Community Ophthalmology Practises
Pearls of Paediatric Ophthalmology
- BSc(hons) University College London 1995
- MBBS King's College London 1998
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2008
- Paediatric and Strabismus Fellowship Great Ormond Street Hospital 2007
- Paeditric and Strabismus Fellowship Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge 2010
Reference number 4535421
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmology
World Strabismus and Paediatric Ophthalmology Society
British and Irish Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabimus Assocation
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.