- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I have been practising cognitive and behavioural therapy (CBT) privately now for the past three years, prior to this, I practised CBT as an employee of Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust for six years. In addition to my work as an accredited CBT practitioner, I am registered as a specialist mental health nurse practitioner with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) with my area of speciality being the delivery of psychological interventions for serious and complex mental illness. I have received full training in Eye Movement Depersonalization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and will be more than happy to discuss this intervention where indicated.
Areas of interest
Specific phobia including travel phobia, Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Anxiety disorder, Bereavement, Depression
I am interested in the psychological manifestation of symptoms originating from an identifiable physiological source as I believe such identification enables a certainty of diagnosis that enables acceptance of intangible symptoms leading to greater compliance with treatment options available, In my experience, this point has been particularly relevant to male patients seeking assistance with psychological disturbance.
I enjoy exercise and visit the gym for physical exercise four days per week. I enjoy football and tennis. I enjoy eating out and travel.
- BSc hons Mental Health Nursing City of Birmingham University 2005
- Post Grad Diploma Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Birmingham University 2007
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) EMDR Europe 2009
- Biological Psychology (BSc hons module) Open University 2010
- Child Development (BSc hons module) Open University 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies , 2010
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, 2003
- 155 Sneyd Lane, Bloxwich, Walsall, West Midlands
- 14:00 - 19:00
- 07773 870418
- 6 Christchurch Gardens, Lichfield, Staffordshire
- 13:00 - 19:00
- 07773 870418
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0777 387 0418