- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 15 Jun 2020
- Video and telephone consultations
I have been practising cognitive and behavioural therapy (CBT) privately now for the past 9 years; prior to this, I practised CBT as an employee of Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust for six years. In addition to my work as an accredited CBT practitioner, I am registered as a specialist mental health nurse practitioner with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). My area of speciality is the delivery of psychological interventions for serious and complex mental illness and I have a particular interest in anxiety disorder, including treatment for OCD and phobia.
Areas of interest
Specific phobia including travel phobia, Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Anxiety disorder, Bereavement & Depression.
I am interested in the psychological manifestation of symptoms originating from an identifiable physiological source as I believe such identification enables a certainty of diagnosis that enables acceptance of tangible symptoms leading to greater compliance with treatment options available, In my experience, this point has been particularly relevant to male patients seeking assistance with psychological disturbance.
I enjoy exercise and visit the gym for physical exercise four days per week. I enjoy football and tennis. I enjoy eating out and travel.
- BSc hons Mental Health Nursing City of Birmingham University 2005
- MSc CBT (current study) Staffordshire University 2020
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) EMDR Europe 2009
- Biological Psychology (BSc hons module) Open University 2010
- Child Development (BSc hons module) Open University 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies , 2010
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, 2003