- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a Consultant Upper Limb, Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon. I specialise in shoulder arthroscopy and perform a large number of subacromial decompressions, ac joint decompressions and cuff repairs. I have a particular interest in arthroscopic and open shoulder stabilisation.
I have a vast experience in shoulder arthroplasty including resurfacing, total shoulder and elbow arthroplasty and reverse shoulder replacement.
I carry out a large number of hand operations including Dupuytren's fascictomies, trapeziectomies and arthrodeses.
Areas of interest
• Hand surgery • Arthroscopy • Shoulder surgery • Lower limb arthroplasty • Elbow surgery • Upper limb surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon
Speacialist Upper Limb Consultant
Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Surgeon
York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
(Scarborough & Bridlington Hospital)
Honorary Senior Lecturer - University of Hull and York
Shoulder and Elbow arthroscopy
Hand Thumb CMC joint Osteoarthritis
I enjoy travelling and experiencing different cultures and art.
English, Maltese and Italian
- Doctor of Medicine University of Malta 1999
- Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of England Royal College of Surgeons of England 2003
- Master of Science University of Dundee 2008
- Diploma in Orthopaedics University of Dundee 2007
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery Nottingham University Hospitals 2010
- Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Cambridge Univeristy Hospitals 2011
- Ao Fellowship Leuvan University Hospital 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2010