- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I have been working as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor for many years and I have experience in working with a wide variety of issues. My practice is located in a quiet setting near to the centre of York and I offer both short-term counselling and longer term psychotherapy. I also see couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationship.
My approach is respectful and non-judgemental. I aim to provide an empathic, relaxed space for you to explore problems, to find new ways of dealing with troubling thoughts and feelings and to discover the resources you need in order to manage difficult situations in your life.
A key part of my work is the nature and quality of the relationship I establish with each person I see. Everyone is unique and so I work in different ways to encourage you to develop greater insight, awareness, and understanding of why problems have arisen and how change can happen.
Many people are struggling with emotional issues, which often means they can't find a way forward in their lives, they feel stuck and frustrated or scared and apprehensive. We are all born with so much potential which often gets lost or buried as we go through childhood. Our work together can focus on finding the confidence and energy to re-discover your abilities, to make decisions and to have more fulfilling relationships.
Areas of interest
Anxiety Disorders; Bereavement; Depression; Self-esteem, Work-related Stress, Relationship issues; Couples Counselling; Bullying and Harassment; Bi-Polar Disorder; Loneliness and Isolation; Trauma including Childhood Trauma and Abuse; Adoption Issues; Family Issues; Life Adjustments including Redundancy or Retirement; Abuse; Parenting Issues; Dissociation including Dissociative Identity Disorder; Borderline Personality Disorder.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling Northern Guild for Psychotherapy 2003
- Diploma in Psychotherapy Northern Guild for Psychotherapy 2007
- Certificate in CBT Leeds Psychotherapy Training Institute 2008
- Certificate in Working with Couples Leeds Psychotherapy Training Institute 2004
- Certificate in Supervision Leeds Psychotherapy Training Institute 2009
- Certificate in Groupwork York Groupwork 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Registered Member of UKCP
Member of BACP
Member of Northern Guild for Psychotherapy