- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Substance misuse psychiatry
I am a UK trained Consultant Psychiatrist; I have full registration with licence to practice with the General Medical Council number 5197582. I am entered on the Specialist Register for Psychiatry of the General Medical Council of the UK for General Psychiatry and Substance Misuse ,date of entry 3rd of April 2009. I hold a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in General Adult Psychiatry and Substance Misuse. I am practicing Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapist
Areas of interest
Substance Misuse Alcohol / drug dependency ; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Stress related disorders; Mood disorders; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Psychosis; Schizophrenia, Anxiety disorders; transcultural psychiatry;
Mdico-legal, forensic ;insanity defences, fitness to plead; sentencing; dangerousness; employment; immigration and Children and Family proceedings
- London Mental Health Clinic : http://www.londonmhc.com
Current NHS consultant posts held
Worked in the NHS as a substantive consultant psychiatrist until March 2018, since then I have been working privately.
I have published papers in peer reviewed journals and currently working on a number of research projects in the field of terrorism and mental health
I am an active in the humanitarian filed , I have training doctors , and aid workers in war zones . I have set up psychological trauma centre for traumatised children in Iraq, and has been supervising therapist for over 6 years.
I worked with international organisations , and NGOs, providing consultations, training and setting up systems for resilience and stress management.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
• Risk factors for terrorism: a comparison of family, childhood, and personality risk factors among Iraqi terrorists, murderers, and controls
Behavioral Sciences of Terrorism and Political Aggression March 2019
Saleh Dhumad, Philip J. Candilis, Sean D. Cleary, Allen R. Dyer & Najat Khalifa
• The Hippocratic Humanitarian Oath for aid workers The Pharos/Summer 2018
Philip J. Candilis; Allen R. Dyer; Fatima Noorani; Marwa Ghabra; Catherine May; Saleh Dhumad; Eric Kocher.
• Violence against psychiatrists by patients: survey in a London mental health trust.
Saleh Dhumad, Anusha Wijeratne, Ian Treasaden. The Psychiatrist Sep 2007, 31 (10) 371-374; DOI: 10.1192/pb.bp.106.012815
• Audit on the use of antipsychotic medication in a community sample of people with learning disability.
Saleh Dhumad and N. Markar. the British journal of developmental disabilities vol. 53, part 1, January 2007, no. 104, pp. 47-51
Courses offered to GPs
I have given numerous talks to GPs in various topics.
I have been invited as an international speaker in a number of highly respected congresses and meetings such as the Royal College of psychiatrists AGM 2009, 2010 and 2012, the World Association of Cultural Psychiatry congress in London in 2012 and the World Psychiatric association congress in Romania 2013. I talked about cognitive behavioural training and service development in conflict zones
- Master degree in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MSc CBT) London London Metropolitan University 2008
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych.) RCPSych London 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) Mosul medical school / Iraq 1994
Reference number 5197582
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Substantive full time NHS consultant Psychiatrist Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- I have full registration with licence to practice with the General Medical Council number 5197582. I am entered on the Specialist Register for Psychiatry of the General Medical Council of the UK for General Psychiatry and Substance Misuse , 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPSych)
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
Medical Protection Society (MPS)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Saleh Dhumad
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: saleh.dhumad