- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 16 Apr 2020
- Shoulder & Elbow
BSc (Hons), MB BS (Hons), MRCS, MSc (Sports Med.) (Hons), MFSEM (UK), FRCS (T&O)
Consultant trauma & orthopaedic surgeon, specialising exclusively in shoulder and elbow surgery.
• Rowley Bristow Unit, Ashford & St Peter
NHS FT, UK
• Fortius Clinic, London (FIFA Accredited Centre of Excellence)
. Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic, Surrey
- Specialist interests include
• Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery
• Rotator cuff repair
• Shoulder stabilisation
• Upper limb trauma and upper limb joint replacement.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate training in London. United Medical and Dental Schools of Guys & St Thomas', UCH, University of London
- Awarded two fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery, one as “Paul Calvert Fellow” working with Andrew Wallace in London, and the other at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit working with Stephen Copeland & Ofer Levy.
- Clinical interests include:
• Open and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including tendon repair
• Arthroplasty (joint replacement)
• Sports injuries of shoulder & elbow.
- Completed MSc (Distinction) in Sports Medicine.
- Membership of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK).
Faculty in international & national shoulder course/conferences.
- Active in research and have published and
presented extensively on shoulder and
elbow surgery, sports injuries, and
• Over 50 “Pubmed” peer- reviewed
• Editor of a textbook in sports medicine
• Author a number of other book chapters in
orthopaedics and sports surgery.
- Prizes or other academic distinction
• Distinction in pathology examination of
• The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial
• Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc
• Kessel Prize for best paper at British
Shoulder & Elbow Society
• British Shoulder & Elbow Society
• European Society for Surgery of the
Shoulder and the Elbow
• British Medical Association
• European Shoulder Associates section of
European Society for Sports Traumatology,
Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
• Society for Tennis Medicine & Science
Areas of interest
Arthroscopic surgery including stabilisation & rotator cuff surgery; Shoulder Arthroplasty; Elbow surgery
- Carol Hearne
- Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic No 10 & 11 Horizon Business Village 1 Brooklands Road Weybridge Surrey KT13 0UN
- 020 3130 4050
- 01932 877836
Anaesthetists worked with
Prizes or other academic distinction
Distinction in pathology examination of MB BS Nov 1994
The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial Bursary Prize July 2000
Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc Sept 2001
Registrar of the Year St Marys Hospital June 2008
Kessel Prize for best paper at British Shoulder & March 2010
Elbow Society meeting
Over 30 Pubmed publications
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.fortiusclinic.com/swimmer-s-shoulder-injuries-ali-narvani
Reference number 4339209
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0203 1 30 40 50