- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Shoulder & Elbow
BSc(Hons), MB BS(Hons), MRCS, MSc (Sports Med.)(Hons), MFSEM(UK), FRCS(T&O)
- Consultant trauma & orthopaedic surgeon, specialising exclusively in shoulder and elbow surgery.
• Rowley Bristow Unit, Ashford & St Peter NHS FT, UK
• Fortius Clinic, London (FIFA Accredited Centre of Excellence)
. Surrey Orthopaedics Clinic, Surrey
- Specialist interests include
• Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery
• Rotator cuff repair
• Shoulder stabilisation
• Upper limb trauma and upper limb joint replacement.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate training in London. United Medical and Dental Schools of Guys & St Thomas', UCH, University of London
- Awarded two fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery, one as “Paul Calvert Fellow” working with Andrew Wallace in London, and the other at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit working with Stephen Copeland & Ofer Levy.
- Clinical interests include:
• Open and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including tendon repair
• Arthroplasty (joint replacement)
• Sports injuries of shoulder & elbow.
Completed MSc (Distinction) in Sports Medicine.
- Membership of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK).
- Faculty in international & national shoulder course/conferences.
- Active in research and have published and presented extensively on shoulder and elbow surgery, sports injuries, and orthopaedics
• Over 50 “Pubmed” peer- reviewed publications
• Editor of a textbook in sports medicine
• Author a number of other book chapters in orthopaedics and sports surgery.
- Prizes or other academic distinction
• Distinction in pathology examination of MB BS
• The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial Bursary Prize
• Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc
• Kessel Prize for best paper at British Shoulder & Elbow Society
• British Shoulder & Elbow Society
• European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow
• British Medical Association
• European Shoulder Associates section of European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
• Society for Tennis Medicine & Science
Areas of interest
Arthroscopic Surgery surgery including stabilisation & rotator cuff surgery; Shoulder Arthroplasty; Elbow surgery
- Carol Hearne
- Runnymede Hospital Guildford Road Ottershaw Chertsey KT16 0RQ
- 020 3130 4050
- 01932 877836
Anaesthetists worked with
Prizes or other academic distinction
Distinction in pathology examination of MB BS Nov 1994
The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial Bursary Prize July 2000
Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc Sept 2001
Registrar of the Year St Marys Hospital June 2008
Kessel Prize for best paper at British Shoulder & March 2010
Elbow Society meeting
Over 30 Pubmed publications
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.fortiusclinic.com/swimmer-s-shoulder-injuries-ali-narvani
Reference number 4339209