- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Refractive surgery
Mr Desai is a highly skilled Ophthalmic surgeon, having performed more than 13,000 operations and having taught over 30 trainees in cataract surgery.
He specialises in REFRACTIVE Cataract /Lens surgery (ability to perform daily tasks without spectacles)
He is sought after for second opinion and is an expert in the field of CATARACT and Medical Retina.
He has an extremely high patient satisfaction result and very positive 360 degree feedback both from patients and colleagues.
Mr Desai has been trained by leading ophthalmologists including the past president of the royal college of Ophthalmologists and by world luminaries in cataract surgery, He has also authored a best selling book on cataract surgery and has been an overall reviewer for the most sold ophthalmology textbook in the world.
Mr Desai believes in discussing all available options, their pros and cons thereby helping facilitate a tailor made solution for each individual.
Areas of interest
• Cataract surgery • Medical retina • Macular degeneration • Vein occlusions • Diabetic retinopathy • Floaters and flashes of light • Dry eyes • Glaucoma
Current NHS consultant posts held
Stepping Hill Hospital
Stockport NHS Foundation trust
Text books involved in or Authored:
PHACOEMULSIFICATION MADE EASY
DESAI, A H; KANSKI, J J. (2004-2005)
PASSING THE MCQS FOR THE PART 1 IN OPHTHALMOLOGY
CHUA, C.N; DESAI, A; ET AL (1997)
CLINICAL OPHTHALMOLOGY (6TH EDITION)JJ KANSKI
TEST YOURSELF ATLAS JJ KANSKI (2007-2008)
CLINICAL OPHTHALMOLOGY A SELF ASSESSMENT COMPANION JJ KANSKI (2006)
0% infection rate in the last 1 year
- MBBS Bombay University 1992
- DOMS College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay 2005
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh 2000
- MRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh 2005
- MRCOphth Royal college of Ophthalmologists 2006
- FEBO European Board of Ophthalmology 2010
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2018
Reference number 4711034
- 52 Alderley RoadWILMSLOWSK9 1NY
- 18:00 - 19:00
- 01625 242684
- 748 Mansfield RoadWoodthorpeNOTTINGHAMNG5 3FZ
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 0115 684 8929
- BMI The Alexandra Hospital, SK8 2PX
- 18:00 - 19:00
- 0161 428 3656
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.