- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Benign Prostate disorders
- Urinary tract stones
- Urological oncology
Mr Aasem Chaudry graduated from University of Punjab, Pakistan in 1986. He undertook basic surgical training in Pakistan and the UK. He passed his Fellowship in general surgery in 1990 and undertook post-fellowship general surgical training in Yorkshire.
He then carried on specialist training in urology in Yorkshire and London. This was completed in the Institute of Urology London in 1994. From 1996 to 2006 Mr Chaudry worked as a consultant urologist in tertiary care settings in Pakistan. Prior to being appointed as Consultant Urological Surgeon in Bedford in September 2010, he worked as a consultant in Churchill Hospital in Oxford, Southmead Hospital in Bristol, Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and Guy's Hospital in London.
With the background of rich urological experience, he has remained involved in clinical research throughout his career. His areas of special interests are:-
Management of stone disease
Percutaneous renal surgery
Prostate disease & Prostate Cancer Diagnostics
including MRI-USS fusion & Template biopsies.
Laser Prostatectomy (HoLEP)
Lower urinary tract dysfunction
Andrology including erectile dysfunction & Peyronnie's Disease.
Areas of interest
Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate (HoLEP);
Transperineal Template biopsies Prostate / MRI-USS fusion & TRUS guided prostate biopsies;
Renal Stones / Per-Cutaneous Nephrolithotomy / Flexible Ureterorenoscopy with Laser stone fragmentation / Shock wave Lithotripsy (ESWL);
Lower urinary tract symptoms;
Haematuria investigations and Bladder Cancer;
- Juliet Roman
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust South Wing Kempston Road BEDFORD MK42 9DJ
- 01234 792196
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Pallab Rudra Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon & Clinical Lead in Urology Bedford Hospital NHS Trust.
Cancer Lead for Urology.
Honorary Consultant Urologist at Milton Keynes General Hospital.
Project lead for transforming the prostate cancer diagnostic pathway for East of England Cancer Alliance.
Early diagnosis & risk stratification of Prostate Cancer
Minimally invasive procedures for BPH
Use of Lasers in Urology
Meeting people, reading books and exploring the world.
1. Clinical Excellence award 2013 for developing Laser service in Urology and setting up state of the art stone service in Bedford.
2. Clinical Excellence award 2015 for introducing HOLEP (Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate) in Bedford.
3. Clinical Excellence award 2017 for setting up Template biopsy service at Bedford
4. Clinical Excellence award 2019 for improving the Prostate cancer diagnostics in Bedford
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Urdu - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Fluent
- Arabic - Basic
Top Tips in Urology - Published 2014
Courses offered to GPs
Management of renal stones.
Evaluation of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.
Prostate Cancer Diagnostics.
Management of Bladder outflow obstruction.
- FRCS - Urology Intercollegiate Specialty Board 2008
- Diploma in Urology University College London 1993
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons in /ireland 1990
- MBBS Rawalpindi Medical College 1986
- Urolift Norwich University Hospital 2019
- Transperineal Template Biopsies of Prostate Guys Hospital London 2013
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate Addenbrookes Hospital Cambridge 2012
Reference number 3608432
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member Urolink BAUS 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons
European Association of Urology
American Urological Association
Experts in Stone Disease
International Association of Urolithiasis
Pakistan Association of Urological Surgeons
- BMI The Manor Hospital, MK40 4AW
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01234 364252
- Brdges Clinic Bedford Hospital
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 01234 792196
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Manor Hospital: 01234 364252
Brdges Clinic: 01234 792000