- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Berkshire Independent Hospital, Circle Reading Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Mr Entabi did his basic training in Ophthalmology in Syria and then came to the UK to further his skills. He is a Medical Retina specialist with practices in Berkshire.
With over 20 years of experience Mr Entabi has been treating and managing various conditions of the retina, this includes Intravitreal Injections for wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD), Diabetic retinopathy and macular oedema, Retinal Vein Occlusion and many other diseases. He has also gained considerable skills in clinical and surgical management of general ophthalmology including glaucoma and lid lesions
He has surgical interest and vast experience with premium intra ocular lenses (IOL). These IOL's not only can they improve the eye sight, but also minimise the eye astigmatism (Toric IOL's) and can even make the patient independent from glasses following the surgery (multifocal IOLs)
Areas of interest
- Cataract surgery; monofocal, multifocal, toric intraocular lenses.
- Lids lesions and cysts
- Visual loss
- Medical retina including Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Vein Occlusions, including their management with Anti-VEGF injections (Lucentis, Eylea, Ozurdex, Iluvien). Also specialist in retinal laser including PDT
- Glaucoma management including laser treatment
- General ophthalmology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ophthalmic surgeon
Lead for Diabetic Retinopathy, Medical Retina Service
Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Prince Charles Eye Unit, Windsor
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Native or bilingual
Courses offered to GPs
Medical Retina, Age-Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- MRCOphth Royal College Of Ophthalmologists 2012
- FRCSEd Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh 1999
- MS (ophthalmology) Aleppo University Hospital 1994
Reference number 4676753
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- College Tutor Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2010
- Berkshire Independent Hospital
- 13:30 - 16:30
- 07454 269760
- Circle Hospital Reading
- 09:00 - 11:30
- 07454 269760
- Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- 12:30 - 14:00
- 07454 269760
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ms Jessica Mayer