- Fee assured
- Verified account
Wide interest and repertoire in adult and paediatric cardiac surgery. Special interest in high-risk and complex procedures.
Areas of interest
Valvular heart surgery, in particular aortic valve bespoke solutions (Ross operation, valve-sparing root replacement, root enlargement, stentless valves, aortic valve repair)
Complex combined and redo surgery
All congenital surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at UH Bristol NHS Trust since 2009.
Associate Professor, University of Bristol
Visiting consultant cardiac surgeon, London
Cardiac transplantation, long-term outcomes of congenital and acquired heart disease, biostatistics.
I perform a wide range of cardiac operations and have consistently achieved better than predicted survival rates with very low level of complications.
- FRCS(CTh) Royal College of Surgeons 2007
- Medical doctorate by research University of London 2003
- MBBS University of Iasi, Romania 1994
- Post-completion of training fellowships North America, 2006-2009 2006
Reference number 4585646
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Research board member National Institute for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research (NICOR) 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2009
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
via Bristol Royal Infirmary Switchboard