- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a BACP Accredited counsellor currently working in private practice. I am Bupa registered and receive referrals from other medical insurers, Occupational Health Organisations and Employee Assistance Providers. Having received training in a number of different modalities including CBT, (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) EMDR, (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing), MBCT/SR (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy/Stress Reduction) and Stress Management, I offer individual counselling, couples counselling, Stress Consultancy, EMDR and Critical Incident response. Specialising in short term work, I have developed treatment plans for stress related problems, post-traumatic stress, anxiety and panic disorders, phobias and relationship work. With regards to critical incident response I have trained extensively in the field of trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and follow the Psychological First Aid Model for best practice.
Areas of interest
Trauma; Abuse; Depression; Eating disorders; Addictions; Aspergers; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Anxiety disorders; Bereavement; Stress related disorders; Work related stress; Fertility / infertility and assisted conception; Relationships; Post natal depression; Eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing (EMDR); Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I am currently researching the use of EMDR and the difficulties it can help with.
Mindfulness has been a personal interest of mine for some time. I practice Mindfulness meditation and attend retreats regularly.
I aim to work collaboratively with clients in a therapeutic relationship. Identifying goals and working towards managing symptoms and self-care.
- Post Graduate Certificate University of East London 2006
- Advanced Diploma Karuna Institute 2012
- Certificate in Stress Management International Stress Management Association 2013
- Certificate to practice in EMDR parts 1, 2 and 3 emdr works 2011
- Certificate in Mindfulness and Individual therapy Bangor University 2011
- Certificate to practice as a Relate counsellor Herbert Grey College 2006
- Certificate in Nutrition Guildford College 1978
Details of entry to specialist register
- United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
EMDR Association UK and Ireland
ISMA International Stress Management Association