- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
I am a fully accredited Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon and deal with general ENT problems.
I also have a specialist interest in Hearing (Hearing loss and Tinnitus), Ear surgery (Otology) and Dizziness and Balance disorders (Vertigo and Meniere's disease). I am the Otology section editor for “The Otolaryngologist”, the Continuing Medical Education Journal for Senior doctors.
I hold 2 Professorships, one in Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) and another in Medical Innovation.
I regularly teach at the Royal College of Surgeons and the Royal College of General Practitioners. I am an Examiner for the European Board Examination in Otorhinolaryngology.
I have written several books and regularly publish my research in Peer reviewed journals.
Areas of interest
• Hearing loss • Otitis media ('glue ear') • Balance disorders (e.g. BPPV, Labyrinthitis, Meniere's Disease) • Ear Infections • Cholesteatoma • Middle ear disease • Inner ear disease • Paediatric ENT • Rhinology (nasal disorders) • Throat disorders • Sinus procedures incl. endoscopic sinus surgery • Sinusitis • Nasal polyps • Snoring • Tinnitus • Throat • Ears • Tonsil / adenoid disorders • Nose • Sense of smell / olfaction
Current NHS consultant posts held
My NHS practice is based at Medway NHS Foundation Trust and Darent Valley NHS Trust. I also hold a Senior Lecturer post at Canterbury Christ Church University.
My research interests include hearing loss and balance disorders.
I am Secretary to the British Balance Network, the Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeons with a specialist interest in Dizziness and Vertigo.
I enjoy gardening.
I have been the recipient of three Clinical Excellence Awards.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Marathi (Marāṭhī)
I have published in
I have published 2 books:
"ENT: An introduction and practical guide", and "Dizziness and Vertigo: An introduction and practical guide".
I have been featured in Radio programmes on both Radio 3 and 4, appeared on television for BBC News 24, and interviewed for articles in the Reader's Digest and Saga Magazine.
Courses offered to GPs
I am regularly invited to speak at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Royal College of General Practice.
I founded "An introduction to ENT" a course for GPs and junior ENT trainees.
I have had no readmission rates for procedures I have performed privately.
- BSc Anatomy University College London 1992
- MBBS University College London Medical School 1995
- MRCS (London) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1999
- DLO Royal College of Surgeons of England 2000
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2006
Reference number 4202796
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Secretary British Balance Network 2013
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Royal Society of Medicine
British Balance Network
General Medical Council
- Fawkham Manor Hospital, Manor Lane, Hartley,...
- 09:00 - 11:30
- 01634 662860
- Spire Alexandra Hospital, ME5 9PG
- 14:30 - 16:30
- 01634 662860
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.