- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
Elias Kovoor is a Consultant Gynaecologist and Laparoscopic surgeon. Mr Kovoor has had advanced Laparoscopic training from UK, France and Japan in the field of endometriosis, prolapse and oncology. He is currently employed as Consultant at Dartford and Gravesham NHS trust with clinical sessions at Darent Valley Hospital at Dartford and Queen Mary’s Hospital at Sidcup.
His areas of expertise are Pelvic pain, Endometriosis, Ovarian cysts, Abnormal bleeding, Fibroids, Adenomyosis, Prolapse and smear abnormalities. He is the lead for endometriosis services at Darent Valley Hospital and runs regular endometriosis clinics
Majority of his surgeries are performed laparoscopically and includes procedures like hysterectomies, myomectomies, cystectomies and excision of endometriosis.
Areas of interest
Pelvic pain and endometriosis; prolapse; fibroids; Suspected cancer symptoms; Abnormal bleeding including post menopausal; Ovarian cysts; colposcopy for abnormal cervix/smears; hysteroscopy and laparoscopic procedures
- Debbie Coleman
- Kent Institute Of Medicine & Surgery Bearsted Road Weavering Maidstone ME14 5FT
- 01622 538173
- 01622 538266
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Basil N Al-Shakarchi Not Fee Assured
- Dr Mallikarjunappa Satisha Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dartford and Gravesham NHS trust
Darent Valley hospital and Queen Mary hospital, Sidcup
endometriosis, pelvic pain, prolapse, minimally invasive surgery
1. Assessment and management of pelvic organ prolapse. Obs, Gynae and Repro Med 2008
2. A case of hematometra following laparoscopic resection of retrocervical and rectovaginal endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2010.
3. Endometriosis of bladder- J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010.
4. Long-term urinary retention after laparoscopic surgery for deep endometriosis.Fertil Steril. 2010.
5. Laparoscopic surgery for severe ureteric endometriosis. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012.
- MRCOG RCOG 2004
- Fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery IRCAD, Strasbourg, France 2009
Reference number 6063474
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
RCOG ( Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists)
BSCCP ( British society of Colposcopists and cervical pathologists)
BSGE ( British society of gynaecological endoscopists)
AAGL ( American association of gynaecological laparoscopists)
- Benenden Hospital, TN17 4AX
- 08:30 - 17:00
- 01622 538173
- BMI chelsfield park Hospital
- 13:00 - 19:30
- 01622 538173
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.