- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
I am a full time NHS Consultant Ophthalmologist, practising at Hairmyres and Wishaw Hospitals within NHS Lanarkshire. I am the Lead Clinician for the Lanarkshire Eye Health Network Service (LENS).
I am experienced Cataract surgeon, specialised in small incision keyhole cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation.
I am also trained Paediatric Ophthalmologist, specialising in paediatric eye problems e.g. squints. I perform and teach complex Squint Surgery both on children and adults. I use a technique with adjustable sutures, which achieves better outcomes on adults,.
i am also trained Neuro-ophthalmologist, specialised in the investigation of Neurological conditions, affecting sight. I routinely use Botulimum toxin (Botox) for the diagnosis and treatment of squints and facial dystonias e.g. hemifacial spasm and blepharospasm.
I completed my Ophthalmology training in Leeds and my subspecialist training in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Neuro-ophthalmology in Edinburgh and Birmingham in the UK, respectively. I am member of affiliated bodies and societies, including the Scottish Ophthalmological Club, British Isles Neuro-ophthalmology Club and the British Isles Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association. I am Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
I am involved in training and examining of Medical Students and Junior Doctors training in Ophthalmology. I also teach and train Optometrists (Opticians), who provide emergency eye care in the community in Lanarkshire.
Areas of interest
o Strabismus (Squint) Childhood, Complex Vertical, Revision and Adult with Adjustable sutures
o Botulinum Toxin for Diagnosis and Treatment of Squints and Facial Dystonias
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist at Hairmyres and Wishaw Hospitals, NHS Lanarkshire
• Adjustable Strabismus Surgery
• Botulinum Toxin
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Diploma in Medicine University of Thessaloniki 1989
- (MRCOphth) Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 1994
- (FRCSEd) Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1995
- Advance Subspeciality Training in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion, Edinburgh 2004
- Fellowship in Neuro-ophthalmology Birmingham & Midlands Eye Centre 2006
Reference number 3307047
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Ophthalmologist NHS Lanarkshire, Scotland 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Training in Ophthalmology (CCT) , 2004
Affiliations / memberships
• British Medical Association
• Scottish Ophthalmological Club
• British Isles Neuro-ophthalmology Club (BINOC)
- Ross Hall Hospital, 221 Crookston Road, GLASGOW
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0141 810 3151 Ext. 748