- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I qualified in 1998 from the University of Glasgow and completed basic medical training in various hospitals in Glasgow. I then undertook research in problem asthma, specifically examining aspects of upper airway involvement and dysfunctional breathing in relation to asthma, leading to an MD. Speciality training in Respiratory and General Medicine was completed as a registrar in and around Oxford.
I was appointed consultant at the Great
Western Hospitsl, Swindon in 2010 where I am lead for asthma, bronchoscopy and established our pleural service. I continue to be active in research through collaborations with Bristol and Oxford and also in education as lead for Medicine in the final year of the undergraduate programme.
Areas of interest
Asthma • Cough • Obstructive sleep apnoea • Pleural disease (including pleural ultrasound and indwelling pleural catheters) • Bronchoscopy • COPD • Interstitial lung disease • Bronchiectasis
- Liz Higgs
- Great Western Hospital Marlborough Road SWINDON SN3 6BB
- 01793 646146
- 01793 604762
- Rose Lawson
- BMI The Ridgeway Hospital Moormead Road Wroughton SWINDON SN4 9DD
- 01793 816063
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Physician in Respiratory and General Medicine based at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon.
I currently remain actively involved in research by contributing to a number of NCRN sponsored clinical trials in pleural disease and sleep disordered breathing.
Courses offered to GPs
Updates in the management of airways disease, pleural disease, sleep disordered breathing and cough
- MBChB University of Glasgow 1998
- MD University of Glasgow 2007
- MRCP(UK) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 2001
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2013
- Postgraduate certificate in Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals (with distinction) University of Bristol 2016
Reference number 4509864
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Respiratory Physician Great Western Hospital, Swindon 2010
- Honorary Senior Clincial Lecturer University of Oxford 2010
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer University of Bristol 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory Medicine, 2010
- General (Internal) Medicine, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (Intercollegiate member)
Royal College of Physicians (Fellow)
British Thoracic Society
- BMI The Ridgeway Hospital
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01793 816063
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.