- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr Attard Montalto completed his undergraduate medical studies in 1993 from Malta. He completed his specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the UK, coming here in the year 2000. He obtained this training via the South East London and Kent rotation.
He has attained sub-speciality training in Gynae-oncology surgery enabling him to treat a wide range of benign and malignant gynaecological conditions including abnormal bleeding, pelvic masses and abnormalities in the cervix, vulva and vagina. Mr Attard Montalto is an accredited colposcopist and sees patients referred with abnormal smears and HPV related problems.
He has a special interest in Gynae-oncology surgery as well as minimal access surgery and completed his MD thesis from the University of London on the subject of Immunology within the field of ovarian tumours. He is the RCOG ATSM preceptor for vulval disease in the South East, with a special interest in vulval disorders. During his career he won the Exceptional Patient care award from MTW NHS Trust in 2011.
He works in close collaboration with his 2 colleagues (Prof Devaja and Mr Papadopoulos) providing a team approach to patient care and ensuring adequate cover for patients at all times.
Areas of interest
Gynaecology; Gynaecological oncology; Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina) and abnormal smears; Vulval disorders; Minimal Access (Laparoscopic) surgery.
- Jane Drury
- KIMS Hospital Newnham Court Way Weavering Maidstone ME14 5FT
- 01622 538096
Anaesthetists worked with
- Tunbridge Wells Anaesthetic Group Not Fee Assured
- Dr Cheron Bailey Fee Assured
- Dr Trudie Phillips Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynae-oncology Surgeon Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Gynaecological malignancy. Sentinel node procedure in gynaecological cancers. Tumour immunology.
MTW Exceptional Patient Care Award 2011
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Maltese - Native or bilingual
- MD University of Malta 1993
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2001
- MD University of London 2011
- Subspeciality Training in Gynae-oncology surgery Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2008
- Colposcopy Accreditation BSCCP 2005
Reference number 5187793
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair of Gynae-oncology MDT West Kent Cancer Centre 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Full registration with the GMC of the UK and entry into the specialist register
Full registration with the Maltese Medical Council and entry into the specialist register
Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Member of the European Society of Gynae-oncology
Member of The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
Member of The British Gynaecological Cancer Society.
- Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery, ME14 5FT
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01622 538096
- Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital, TN2 4UL
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01622 538096
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.