- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand surgery
Areas of interest
Wrist surgery; Reconstructive surgery; Hand surgery; Skin cancer surgery.
- Nikki Wilkins
- Cambridge Medical Consultants Wingate House Maris Lane Trumpington Cambridge CB2 9FF
- 01223 516600
- 01223 847436
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
Specialty Director of Plastic Surgery, Addenbrookes Hospital, 2014-
Wound healing and tendon surgery
Mountains, skiing and sailing
First place overall, European Diploma in Hand Surgery examination (FESSH, Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand) 2007.
Peer reviewed articles in British Journal of Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, European Journal of Hand Surgery, American Journal of Hand Surgery.
Courses offered to GPs
Regular member of the faculty for surgical / suturing skills courses for GPs;
Faculty member for hand and wrist surgery courses at Royal College of Surgeons, London for surgical trainees.
- FRCS (Plast) Royal College of Surgeons , England 2005
- European Diploma in Hand Surgery FESSH 2007
- Interface Fellowship in Hand and Wrist Surgery British Society for Surgery of the Hand 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register, Plastic Surgery, 2007
- Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital 4...
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01223 516600
- Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, CB24 9EL
- 08:30 - 13:00
- 01223 575520
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
1. Hospital where treatment was performed, any time:
- Spire Hospital 01223 266900
- Nuffield, Cambridge 01223 303336
or Private Secretary, Nikki Wilksins during office hours:
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Excision of lesion of skin or subcutaneous tissue - up to three, Trunk & Limbs (excluding lipoma) - (5-50)
Primary excision of malignant lesion - head & neck - (1-5)
Therapeutic arthroscopy of wrist joint (as sole procedure) - (1-5)
Dupuytren's subcutaneous fasciotomy - (1-5)
Injection into cord for Dupuytren's Contracture (including post injection finger extension) - (1-5)
- Show All (24)...