- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Hector Chinoy is a Senior Clinical Lecturer and Consultant Rheumatologist. He runs private Rheumatology clinics at the Alexandra and Spire Hospitals in Manchester, for general, specialist and complex rheumatological conditions. At Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, he looks after about 1,000 patients per year with a variety of musculoskeletal complaints, and carries out general, biologics, specialist neuromuscular and combined psoriatic arthritis-psoriasis clinics. He is also principal investigator on a number of clinical trials. He also has an academic contract at The University of Manchester where he coordinates a programme of research into muscle disease.
Areas of interest
General rheumatology; Musculoskeletal pain; Regional and Widespread Pain syndromes; Fibromyalgia; Osteoarthritis; Neck/back pain; Muscle disease (inflammatory); Rheumatoid arthritis; Psoriatic and other inflammatory arthritis; Ankylosing spondylitis/axial spondylarthritis; Connective tissue disorders; Soft tissue rheumatism; Osteoporosis.
Inflammatory myopathy and muscle disorders.
Immunogenicity of biologic drugs.
Joint and tendon sheath injections.
- Colin Whitaker (billing manager for excess payment
- Avondale Medical Ltd Pegholme Wharfebank Mills Ilkley Road Otley LS21 3JP
- University Profile
- Alexandra Hospital
- Personal Webpage
- I want great care reviews
- Spire Manchester Hospital
Current NHS consultant posts held
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Chinoy is also employed by The University of Manchester, where he is actively involved with research and the education of medical students and doctors, and is Programme Director for the Clinical Rheumatology MSc Programme. Dr Chinoy has authored over 90 research articles in international peer-reviewed journals, has presented multiple research abstracts in national and international conferences, and is considered to be a global expert in inflammatory myopathy.
Running, fitness, Newcastle United
See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=chinoy+h for list of publications
Selected Reviews/Book Chapters
1. Chinoy H. & Cooper R.G. (ed). Myositis -Oxford Rheumatology Library. (Oxford University Press) 2017
2. Cooper R.G., Chinoy H., Lundberg I. Gene–Gene and Gene–Environment Interactions in Defining Risk and Spectrum of Phenotypes in Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies.Between the Lines of Genetic Code: Genetic Interactions in Understanding Disease and Complex Phenotypes. Ed Padyukov (Elsevier) 2014:115-132
3. Chinoy H., Cooper, R.G. Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis in adults. Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology, 4th edition, ed Watts R., Conaghan P., Denton C., Foster H., Isaacs J., Müller-Ladner U. (Oxford) 2013 (updated online, 2014, 2015)
- PhD University of Manchester 2008
- MSc University of Manchester 2004
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2000
- BMBS University of Nottingham 1996
- BMedSci University of Nottingham 1994
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2013
Reference number 4326553
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, Fully registered medical practitioner with specialist registration with a licence to practise, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
Member of the Royal College of Physicians
Medical Protection Society
British Society for Rheumatology
American College of Rheumatology
British Medical Association
Manchester Medical Society
- BMI The Alexandra Hospital, SK8 2PX
- 16:30 - 19:30
- 0161 495 7000
- Spire Hospital, Didsbury, M20 2AF
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 0161 825 0580
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details