- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Breast surgery
I had training in various sub specialties of general surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery including emergency surgery and trauma. Now I am specilising in breast cancer surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery. I have done post CCT fellowship in Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge and gained valuable experience in oncoplastic breast surgery.
Areas of interest
Parathyroid surgery; Breast cancer surgery; Thyroid disorders / surgery, hernia, gall bladder surgery and general surgery, lumps and bumps .
- Booking consultations (BMI Healthcare)
- BMI Meriden Hospital Walsgrave Hospital Clifford Bridge Road Coventry CV2 2LQ
- 0808 101 0337
- Laura Bates
- Medical Secretary to Mr Makam
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital The Chase Blackdown Leamington Spa CV32 6RW
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Mohan Ranganathan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General, Endocrine and Breast surgeon, George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton.
I am the surgical specialty lead for Clinical Local Research Network, West midlands(South).
I was the (site) Principal Investigator for Poetic trial ,Place trial, prosper, mammo50 trials in Breast cancer. I have recruited patients in various breast cancer trials eg: ATAC, DCIS, etc.
Sports and Music.
Clinical Excellence Awards.
(Additional) Languages spoken
I have presented various papers and posters in National and international BASO (British association of Surgical oncology)meetings.
Courses offered to GPs
1. Investigation and Management of Breast cancer/breast symptoms.
2. Investigation of thyroid lumps and their management.
- FRCS (Glasgow) The royal college of surgeons of Glasgow 1995
- FRCS (General) INtercollegiate speciality Board 2008
- Post CCT Fellowship in oncoplastic surgery Addenbrookes Hospital 2008
Reference number 4487690
Affiliations / memberships
Member of Association of Breast Surgery
Member of British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid surgery
Member of Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow.
- BMI The Meriden Hospital
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 024 7664 7000
- Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital,...
- 11:30 - 12:30
- 01926 676495
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details