- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Pain medicine
Consultant in Pain Medicine at the Walton Centre since 2009.
I have a specialist neuropathic pain clinic on Monday afternoon where I offer comprehensive assessment for patients with peripheral and central neuropathic pain and will provide patients with a managment plan including pharmacology, topical day case procedures (high dose capsaicin and Botolinum Toxin A injection) and multidiciplinary workuop for a psychological based pain management or more invasive neuromodulation approach.
On Tuesaday morning I offer a specialist opioid managment clinic where I offer assessment and opioid reduction via a nurse led clinic and the option of a hospital admission if required. I also offer systematic trial with strong opioid to assess responsiveness before formulating a long term opioid managment plan.
Together with our team from the Walton Centre Pain Management Programme I see patients with chronic widespread pain on a Friday and Young Adults once a months.
Areas of interest
Neuropathic pain (Post herpetic neuralgia, post operative, and post traumatic nerve injuries, MS pain, Central Post Stroke Pain, Central Pain due to spinal cord injury or syringomyelia); Opioid Management including detoxification, Pain Management (Musculoskeletal Pain and Young Adults), Chronic Widespread Pain and Fibromyalgia.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Pain Medicine
The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery NHS Foundation Trust
Neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia, Clinical Pharmacology of Pain, Opioid Managment
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine College of Anaesthetists of Ireland 2010
- Fellowship of the College of Anaesthetists Royal College of Sugeons in Ireland 2005
- Doctor of Medicine Newcastle University 2005
- 3rd State Exam Univeristy of Kiel, Germany 1996
- Felloship Exam Faculty of Pain Medicine at the Australian and New Zealand Collge of Anaesthetists 2007
Reference number 4485117
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair of the Neuropathic Pain Specialist Interest Group British Pain Sciety 2014
Affiliations / memberships
- Lower LaneFazakerleyLIVERPOOLL9 7LJ
- 12:00 - 13:00
- 0151 529 5749
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.