- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
- Video and telephone consultations
Mrs. Arya is an accredited practicing Gynaecologist with 25 years clinical experience. Since 2007 she has worked as a NHS Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist for Worcestershire Acute Hospital Trust. She is presently based at Alexandra Hospital in Redditch and Worcester Royal Hospital. Prior to this she had worked overseas as a Consultant at tertiary care/teaching hospitals.
She has been awarded multiple clinical excellence awards (CEA level 5) demonstrating her commitment and passion for the specialty.
Mrs. Arya is the lead for Ambulatory Gynaecology services for Worcester Acute NHS trust, providing “One Stop OPH” for postmenopausal bleeding at the Women’s Health Unit at Alexandra Hospital, Redditch. She has specialised in Ambulatory Gynaecology and has completed Special Skill Modules (SSM) in Advanced Hysteroscopy from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. She has been providing procedures such as hysteroscopy (camera test), removal of polyps, ablation (“burning” the lining of the womb to treat heavy periods), Mirena coil insertion and removal of small fibroids with Myosure in an outpatient setting under local anesthetic. She is keen to provide as many procedures as possible under local anaesthetic to reduce the risks associated with a general anaesthetic.
She offers a wide range of general gynaecology services including management of menstrual disorders, fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, genital prolapse, menopause, contraception and provides rapid access for screening of suspected gynaecological cancers
She has been extremely interested in Medical Education and has been a RCOG College Tutor at Worcestershire NHS Trust since 2016.
Areas of interest
Ambulatory Gynaecology: Hysteroscopic surgery under general and Local aesthetic
Management of Fibroid: resection and Hysterectomy
Management of Endometriosis
Laparoscopy for ovarian cysts
Management of Chronic Pelvic Pain
Outpatient hysteroscopy procedures
Anterior and posterior vaginal repair
Prolapse surgery including vaginal Hysterectomy
- Sue Graves
- BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital St. Andrews Road Droitwich WR9 8DN
- 01905 793346
- 07764 943720
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Sian Bhardwaj Fee Assured
- Dr Julian K Berlet Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Ambulatory Gynaecology Lead
Alexandra Hospital, Redditch
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Innovations: Helped Inimod to develop a new form of foetal scalp pen: Automated Foetal Blood Gas Sampling System.
Received Clinical Excellence Award Level 5 (2019)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
- Arabic - Basic
In collaboration with national/ international academic professionals my recent publications include:
• Radhae Raghavan, Pallavi Arya, Pratibha Arya, Susnata China. Abdominal incisions and sutures in obstetrics and gynaecology. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. Volume 16, Issue 1, 13–18, January 2014
• Patel SK, Jackson L, Warren AY, Arya P, Shaw RW, Khan RN: J Cell Mol Med. 17(1):134-46 (Jan 13)
• M. Srinivasan, P. Arya: Pregnancy outcome following suboptimal rise in beta HCG. Audit presentation at AEPU conference, B’ham (Nov. 12)
• M. Srinivasan, P. Arya: Pregnancy outcome following suboptimal rise in beta HCG. Audit poster presentation at 10th international conference of RCOG Malaysia (Jun. 12)
• Sakunthala Sahithi Tirumuru, Pratibha Arya, and Pallavi Latthe:Understanding precocious puberty in girls. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. 14(2): 121-129 (Apr. 12)
• Pearson T, Zhang J, Arya P, Warren AY, Ortori C, Fakis A, Khan RN, Barrett DA: Measurement of vasoactive metabolites (hydroxyeicosatetraenoic and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids) in uterine tissues of normal and compromised human pregnancy.J Hypertens. 28(12):2429-37 (Dec 2010).
Courses offered to GPs
2011/12: Organized/ taught at GP study day at Redditch. Excellent feedback (median score of 82/92).
• 2012,13,14: Only Consultant in O& G to organize peer evaluated master classes for FY trainees and students. Excellent feedback (average score 94%).
• 2011/12/13 ‘Mandatory maternity training day (PROMPT)’;
• 2012/13: Organized and taught FY2 trainees (rating 90.9% and 94%)
• 2011/12: Invited for talks at GP Surgery.
- MBBS,MD King Gorges Medical college,India 1982
- MRCOG RCOK,UK 1992
Reference number 4071853
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- DFFP RCOG 2004
- FRCOG RCOG,UK 2004
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
Birmingham and Midlands Obstetric and Gynaecological Society
European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
Fellow of Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Member of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
Medical Protection Society
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital, WR9 8DN
- 09:00 - 13:30
- 01905 793333
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details