- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
Mrs. Pratibha Arya is a practicing gynaecologist for the last 20 years and since 2007 she has worked as Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist for Worcestershire Acute Hospital Trust, presently based at Alexandra Hospital, Redditch. She holds private clinics at Droitwich Spa Hospital, Droitwich.
Mrs. Arya specialises in menstrual disorders (heavy/irregular/painful cycles), pelvic pain/ endometriosis, problems associated with menopause, contraception, vaginal/ uterine prolapse.
Surgical procedures: Mrs. Arya has extensive experience in gynaecological procedures including surgery for fibroids, abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy, prolapse surgery, resection of polyps, ablation (Novasure and balloon ablation), sterilization, and hysteroscopy as inpatient and outpatient procedure. She conducts laparoscopic procedures (keyhole surgery) for ovarian cysts, endometriosis and other conditions.
Areas of interest
Menstrual disorders (heavy / irregular / painful cycles); Pelvic pain / endometriosis; Problems associated with menopause; Contraception; Vaginal / uterine prolapse; Cervical smears ~
Surgical procedures:- Surgery for fibroids; Abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy; Prolapse surgery; Resection of polyps; Ablation (Novasure and balloon ablation); Sterilization; Hysteroscopy as inpatient and outpatient procedure; Laparoscopic procedures (keyhole surgery) for ovarian cysts, endometriosis and other conditions
- Ann Bishop
- Alexandra Hospital Woodrow Drive REDDITCH B98 7UB
- 01527 503030
- 01527 503878
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust based at Alexandra Hospital, Redditch
Innovations: Helped Inimod to develop a new form of foetal scalp pen: Automated Foetal Blood Gas Sampling System.
Received Clinical Excellence Award in 2011.
English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Arabic
In collaboration with national/ international academic professionals my recent publications include:
• Radhae Raghavan, Pallavi Arya, Pratibha Arya, Susnata China. Abdominal incisions and sutures in obstetrics and gynaecology. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. Volume 16, Issue 1, 13–18, January 2014
• Patel SK, Jackson L, Warren AY, Arya P, Shaw RW, Khan RN: J Cell Mol Med. 17(1):134-46 (Jan 13)
• M. Srinivasan, P. Arya: Pregnancy outcome following suboptimal rise in beta HCG. Audit presentation at AEPU conference, B’ham (Nov. 12)
• M. Srinivasan, P. Arya: Pregnancy outcome following suboptimal rise in beta HCG. Audit poster presentation at 10th international conference of RCOG Malaysia (Jun. 12)
• Sakunthala Sahithi Tirumuru, Pratibha Arya, and Pallavi Latthe:Understanding precocious puberty in girls. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. 14(2): 121-129 (Apr. 12)
• Pearson T, Zhang J, Arya P, Warren AY, Ortori C, Fakis A, Khan RN, Barrett DA: Measurement of vasoactive metabolites (hydroxyeicosatetraenoic and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids) in uterine tissues of normal and compromised human pregnancy.J Hypertens. 28(12):2429-37 (Dec 2010).
Courses offered to GPs
2011/12: Organized/ taught at GP study day at Redditch. Excellent feedback (median score of 82/92).
• 2012,13,14: Only Consultant in O& G to organize peer evaluated master classes for FY trainees and students. Excellent feedback (average score 94%).
• 2011/12/13 ‘Mandatory maternity training day (PROMPT)’;
• 2012/13: Organized and taught FY2 trainees (rating 90.9% and 94%)
• 2011/12: Invited for talks at GP Surgery.
• Ambulatory gynaecology (June 11): Audit on ‘OPH Services at Alex’ > business case for an alphascope with reduction of inpatient hysteroscopy/ patients travel to KTC. We now have high class equitable service countywide; 100% patient satisfaction for PMB pathway; no breaches in since 2011.
Hysteroscopy (2014): Successfully trained to provide a new service of ESSURE hysterscopic sterilization at Redditch; 100% success rate so far.
Patient satisfaction survey for OPH services, my gynaecology clinics and inpatient admissions at Redditch in 2011and 360 degree EDGECUMBE feedback in 2013 have revealed excellent feedback with 96% recommending the service to family and friends.
Since 2012/13: Only consultant in Redditch providing endometrial ablation under LA reducing hospital stay + increased bed availability.
• Gynae stats 13/14: OP new to FU ratio:1:1.3 (dept. average 1:1.8); theatre utilization: 79.25%; no post-op complications; average hospital stay for gyn. surgery 1.5 days (dept. average 1.6); no readmissions/ return to theatre.
- MBBS,MD King Gorges Medical college,India 1982
- MRCOG RCOK,UK 1992
Reference number 4071853
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCOG RCOG,UK 2004
- DFFP RCOG 2004
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital, WR9 8DN
- 14:30 - 16:30
- 07545 762630
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital, WR9 8DN
- 10:00 - 12:30
- 07545 762630
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Hysteroscopy (including biopsy, dilatation, +/- cauterisation, curettage and resection of polyp(s) +/- Mirena coil insertion) - (1-5)
Endometrial biopsy or aspiration - (1-5)
Total abdominal hysterectomy (+/- oophorectomy) +/- ureterolysis - (1-5)
Posterior colporrhaphy - (1-5)