- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
- Video and telephone consultations
Rajesh Nanda completed his Higher Surgical Training in the North East of England. He did his Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow surgery at The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough.
• Working as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at University Hospital of North Tees & Hartlepool, United Kingdom since August 2010. With Subspecialty interest in Upper Limb surgery.
• Honorary Lecturer with the Teesside University- Involved in development and delivery of the MCh Orthopaedics course.
• Member Education Committee for British Elbow & Shoulder Surgeons Society
Teaching & Research
• Reviewer for Shoulder and Elbow Journal: Bone and Joint Journal
• Examiner for FRCS (T&O) exam
• Awarded the British Elbow & Shoulder Surgeons Society CPD Fellowship 2015-16
• Faculty on various Shoulder & Elbow surgery courses, Trauma courses and FRCS (T&O) preparation courses.
• Active in Research in Orthopaedics especially Upper Limb conditions. Participating in International & National Multi Centre Trials and research activity in my hospital.
• Presented at various International and National Conferences and is well published.
• All aspects of upper limb surgery including trauma and sports injury
• Shoulder arthroscopy – Key Hole Surgery to deal with soft tissue related shoulder problems
• Joint replacement – shoulder hemiarthroplasty, shoulder resurfacing, total shoulder replacement and reverse polarity shoulder replacement
• Elbow arthroscopy and joint replacement
• Hand surgery – ganglion excision, carpal tunnel release, Dupuytrens release
• Fracture (trauma) reconstruction
Areas of interest
All aspects of upper limb surgery including trauma and sports injury
Shoulder and Elbow Surgery – Including Keyhole surgery and Joint replacement.
Shoulder pain; shoulder impingement; shoulder bursitis; shoulder stiffness; frozen shoulder; acromioclavicular joint pain; shoulder weakness; rotator cuff tears; shoulder arthritis; shoulder instability; shoulder dislocation; elbow pain; tennis elbow; golfers elbow; ulna nerve; cubital tunnel syndrome; elbow arthritis; biceps tendon pain; elbow impingement; shoulder injuries; clavicle fracture; humerus fracture; clavicle non-union; humerus non-union; elbow fractures; olecranon bursitis; awake shoulder and elbow surgery.
Hand surgery - Dupuytren’s contracture, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, arthritis; osteoarthritis; rheumatoid arthritis and painful joints, injuries and sports injuries and tendon problems, wrist pain; hand fractures, wrist fractures; elbow fractures; trigger finder; ganglion; tendonitis; tenosynovitis; dequervain's syndrome.
- Mrs Gillian White
- University Hospital of North Tees Hardwick Road STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS19 8PE
- 01642 624442
- 01642 624814
- Rajesh Nanda
- Tees Valley Hospital Church Lane Middlesbrough TS5 7DX
- 01642 087333
- Rajesh Nanda
- Nuffield Health Tees Hospital Junction Road STOCKTON-ON-TEES TS20 1PX
- 01642 360100
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Praveen Kalia Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
University Hospitals of North Tees and Hartlepool
He is active in Research in Orthopaedics especially Upper Limb conditions and is participating in National Multi Centre Trials as well conducts research activity in his local hospitals. He has presented at various International and National Conferences and is well published
Fellowship of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers - RCSEd
BESS CPD Fellowship 2015
Fellowship North East Leadership Academy 2014
Awarded a BESS (British Elbow and Shoulder Society) Grant in 2011 for this pilot study
British Trauma Society Annual Meeting October 2004 at Leeds, U.K.- 2nd Best Paper Award
Factors Associated With Revision Surgery After Internal Fixation of Hip Fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2018
Factors associated with health-related quality of life, hip function, and health utility after operative management of femoral neck fractures. Bone Joint J. 2018
Fracture fixation in the operative management of hip fractures (FAITH): an international, multicentre, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2017
Treatment of unstable distal radius fractures: non-invasive dynamic external fixator versus volar locking plate - functional and radiological outcome in a prospective case-controlled series. SICOT J. 2015
Reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index for elderly patients with a femoral neck fracture. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015
Percutaneous fixation with Kirschner wires versus volar locking plate fixation in adults with dorsally displaced fracture of distal radius: randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2014
Distal Biceps Tendon Rupture: Current Concepts. Injury. 2013
Severe ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow: functional outcome after minimally invasive in situ decompression. J Hand Surg Eur 2012
Recurrent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome––Analysis of the Impact of Patient Personality in Altering Functional Outcome Following a Vascularised Hypothenar Fat Pad Flap Surgery. J Hand Microsurg 2012
An Assessment of the Inter examiner Reliability of clinical tests for subacromial impingement and
rotator cuff integrity. Eur J Orthop Surg & Traumatology 2008
A comparison of the Constant and Oxford shoulder scores in patients with conservatively treated proximal humeral fractures. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2008
Does the presence of a full-thickness rotator cuff tear influence outcome after proximal humeral fractures. J Trauma. 2007
Biomechanical testing of the locking compression plate: when does the distance between bone and implant significantly reduce construct stability? Injury. 2007
Radial Head Fractures: A Randomised Controlled Trial Of Immediate Versus Delayed Mobilisation. Injury. 2002.
Treatment Of Neglected Posterior Dislocation Of Elbow Joint. Indian Journal Of Orthopaedics. 1999.
Displaced Neglected Fracture Of Lateral Condyle Humerus In Children. Textbook Of Orthopaedics And Trauma.
Courses offered to GPs
Shoulder and Upper Limb Topics
- FFSTEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2018
- MBBS India 1992
- D.Orth India 1996
- FRCS (T&O) Intercollegiate Exam Board 2009
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education Newcastle University 2013
- MSc (Orthopaedics) Teesside University 2005
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2003
Reference number 5203295
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- MCh Course Boards Member Teesside University 2016
- Education Committee British Shoulder and Elbow surgeons society 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register and Recognised Trainer, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
• Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• British Orthopaedic Association
• British Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
• British Medical Association
• Medical Protection Society