- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 2 Sep 2020
- Sleep disorders
Dr Ajikumar Kavidasan MBBS; MRCP (UK) MRCP (London); FCCP; FRCP
Consultant Chest Physician and Interventional Pulmonologist
Speciality Lead in Pleural Disease and EBUS.
Department of Chest Medicine
Croydon University Hospital.
Professor of Pulmonary Medicine at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center- Amrita University . INDIA
National & International Examiner for MRCP ( UK ). Royal College of London.
GMC Associate for assessment of Higher Specialist trainees
Royal College of London's External Adviser for Consultants Appointment.
Member of American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
Areas of interest
• Investigation and management of lung cancer • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) • Asthma • Pleural diseases and interventional thoracoscopy • Sleep apnoea and sleep related breathing disorders • Lung Infections including TB • Bronchoscopy and transbronchial biopsy • Indwelling pleural catheter insertion. EBUS TBNA. Medical Thoracoscopy.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Chest Physician & Specialty Lead for Pleural Diseases , Bronchoscopy and EBUS .
Croydon University Hospital
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Malayalam - Fluent
- Hindi - Basic
- Persian (Farsi) - Basic
- Telugu - Basic
- MRCP (UK); MRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians of London 1992
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of UK 2013
- FCCP American College of Chest Physicians 2009
Reference number 5185756
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- MRCP UK International and National Examiner Royal College of Physicians of London 2015
- Visiting Professor / Adjunct Faculty in Pulmonary Medicine AIMS, Amrita University - Kerala , INDIA 2014
- GMC Associate General Medical Council - UK 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Respiratory Medicine & General Medicine, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
1. Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians
2. Member of European Respiratory Society
3. Member of British Thoracic Society .
4. Elected member of American Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology .
5. Member of British Medical Association.
- BMI The Saxon Clinic
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01908 665533
- Shirley Oak Hospital , Surrey . Croydon . London
- 07:00 - 20:00
- 07802 427320
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details