- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Sleep disorders
Dr Ajikumar Kavidasan MBBS; MRCP (UK) MRCP (London); FCCP; FRCP
Consultant Chest Physician and Interventional Pulmonologist
Speciality Lead in Pleural Disease, EBUS and Lung Cancer. Department of Chest Medicine
Croydon University Hospital.
Professor of Pulmonary Medicine at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center- Amrita University . INDIA
Specialist Training Committee Member in Respiratory Medicine - Oxford School of Medicine for Higher Specialist Training in Respiratory Medicine.
Royal College of London's External Adviser for Consultants Appointment.
Member of American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
Areas of interest
• Investigation and management of lung cancer • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) • Asthma • Pleural diseases and interventional thoracoscopy • Sleep apnoea and sleep related breathing disorders • Lung Infections including TB • Bronchoscopy and transbronchial biopsy • Indwelling pleural catheter insertion
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Chest Physician & Specialty Lead for Pleural Diseases , Bronchoscopy and EBUS and Clinical Lead for Lung Cancer.
Croydon University Hospital
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Malayalam - Fluent
- Hindi - Basic
- Persian (Farsi) - Basic
- Telugu - Basic
- MRCP (UK); MRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians of London 1992
- FCCP American College of Chest Physicians 2009
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of UK 2013
Reference number 5185756
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- MRCP UK International and National Examiner Royal College of Physicians of London 2015
- GMC Associate General Medical Council - UK 2015
- Visiting Professor / Adjunct Faculty in Pulmonary Medicine AIMS, Amrita University - Kerala , INDIA 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Respiratory Medicine & General Medicine, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
1. Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians
2. Member of European Respiratory Society
3. Member of British Thoracic Society .
4. Elected member of American Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology .
5. Member of British Medical Association.
- BMI The Saxon Clinic
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01908 665533
- Shirley Oak Hospital , Surrey . Croydon . London
- 07:00 - 20:00
- 07828 898264
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details