- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
Fellowship trained in Shoulder and Elbow surgery with specialist intersts in shoulder and elbow replacement, shoulder arthroscopy and hand and wrist surgery. He is an Associate Clinical Lecturer at Newcastle University.
Dave is the Regional Specialty Professional Advisor for orthopaedics in the Northern Region.
He is a Member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine, the British Shoulder and Elbow Society (and sits on the education committee), the British Society for Surgery of the Hand, the British Sports Trauma and Arthroscopy Association, and the Combined Services Orthopaedic Society.
Dave is an examiner for the orthopaedic consultant exams (FRCS(Tr & Orth)).
Areas of interest
Fellowship trained in shoulder and elbow surgery, with specialist interstes in shoulder arthroscopy and replacement, elbow surgery and hand and wrist surgery.
- Penny Powell
- Dobson House Regent Centre Gosforth Newcastle Upon Tyne NE3 3PF
- 0191 233 6346
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Geoffrey Bedford Not Fee Assured
- Dr Neil Cardno Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust
Shoulder surgery and sports injuries
MSc (Sports medicine) Bath University 2009 awarded with distiction
MBBS Second class honours
Northern Region Orthopaedic Trainer of the Year 2014
English Premiership Academy knee injuries: lessons from a 5 year study.
J Sports Sci. 2011
The epidemiology of ankle injuries occurring in English Football Association academies.
Br J Sports Med. 2009
A pilot randomized, controlled trial of treatment for painful arc of the shoulder.
J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2009
A comparison of functional, patient-based scores in subacromial impingement.
J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2005
Courses offered to GPs
Nuffield coordinated GP teaching
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk/SurgeonProfile?gmccode=4408334
- FRCS (Tr&Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
- MSc (Sports Medicine) Bath University 2009
- Member of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK) - MFSEM(UK) Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK) 2007
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2001
- MBBS (Hons) Newcastle University 1997
- BMedSci (Hons) Newcastle University 1994
- Member of Academy of Surgeon Educators Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- Sheffield Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship Sheffield 2009
Reference number 4408334
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Royal College of Surgeons Tutor Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust 2012
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Examiner JCIE 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
British Sports Trauma and Arthroscopy Association (BOSTAA)
Combined Services Orthopaedic Society
British Orthopaedic Association
Former Lieutenant Colonel, Royal Army Medical Corps, Army Reserve
- Cobalt Hospital, NE27 0BY
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0191 270 3250
- Nuffield Health Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospital...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 0191 281 6131
- Nuffield Health Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital,...
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 0191 281 6131
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details