- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Urological oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Lyndon Gommersall graduated from Nottingham University Medical School in 1997 and completed his medical doctorate (MD) in prostate cancer in 2006 at the University of Birmingham. He completed his specialist urological training throughout the West Midlands as well as visiting the Berne University Hospital in Switzerland to develop his primary interest in bladder cancer surgery.
He was appointed as a Consultant Urological Surgeon in early 2010 at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire. He is interested in rapid recovery following all aspects of urological surgery. His key interests are in bladder cancer, prostate cancer, bladder and prostate problems, laser prostate surgery , incontinence and andrology including erectile dysfunction. He has recently introduced local anaesthetic bladder botox injections to treat the overactive bladder syndrome and urge urinary incontinence.
He believes passionately in helping patients through the serious and sensitive problems related to his speciality.
He is Chairman of the West Midlands Urology Regional Meeting facilitating high quality urological education, surgical standards and innovation throughout the region.
He has published widely including journals such as Lancet Oncology and Nature Clinical Practice Oncology.
Areas of interest
Kidney stones; Bladder cancer; Erectile dysfunction; Incontinence (urine / faeces); Kidney (renal) cancer; Prostate disease including prostate cancer; Circumcision; Erectile problems; Urinary symptoms; Vasectomy; Blood in urine; Haematuria; Urinary tract infections; Incontinence; Bladder botox; Bladder pain
- Erica Allen
- Staffordshire Urology Clinic Nuffield North Staffordshire Hospital Clayton Road Newcastle ST5 4DB
- 07735 901627
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Balasubramanian Murali Not Fee Assured
- Dr Tamilselvan Rajamanickam Fee Assured
- Dr Pramod Nalwaya Fee Assured
- Dr Balaji Velayudam Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon - University Hospital of North Staffordshire
Sailing and Skiing
British Journal of Urology International
Nature Medicine Oncology
FRCS(Urol) Revision chapters on Bladder and Prostate Cancer
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly update local GPs in all aspects of contemporary Urological Healthcare.
- FRCS(Urol) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2007
- Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Medicine Nottingham University 1997
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences Nottingham University 1995
- Medical Doctorate (MD) Birmingham University 2006
Reference number 4428503
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chairman of the West Midlands Urology Regional Meeting West Midlands Urology 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Mr Lyndon Gommersall, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Urological Surgeons
British Medical Association
Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital,...
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 01782 382507
- Rowley Hospital, ST17 9AQ
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01785 223203
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details