- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Substance misuse psychiatry
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr. Abbasian completed his psychiatric training at the Maudsley, a centre of excellence and one of the most influential mental health establishments in the world. He has worked with leaders in the field of psychosis and addiction. Dr. Abbasian has been practicing psychiatry for over 15 years and currently works for the NHS and the private sector. He has access to a wide range of therapeutic interventions for private patients: including psychological, psychotherapeutic, Day Hospital and Inpatient Unit at two sites in London. In addition to teaching medical students, junior doctors, GPs and charity volunteers, Dr Abbasian he is an editor of a psychiatry newsletter.
Referrals are accepted from patients, GPs, Occupational Health specialist and Employers. Dr Abbasian can provide medical reports, including for Solicitors and the Courts. Full diagnostic assessments can be arranged, including second opinions, with therapist recommendations and follow-up if required.
Appointments are available at short notice and Dr. Abbasian is available for private consultations, most evenings and weekends at
• Nightingale Hospital, Marylebone
Dr Abbasian is recognised by all major Private Medical Insurers. He is able to communicate fluently in Farsi (Persian) and is well placed to address issues in patients from Iran and the Middle East. Information disclosed to Dr. Abbasian will remain confidential and usually can only be released with the patient’s consent
Areas of interest
Depression; Psychosis; Anxiety disorders; Dual diagnosis; Substance misuse psychiatry; Bipolar disorder (previously manic depression); Addiction; Alcohol
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
General Adult and Substance Misuse Consultant Psychiatrist. South West London & St. Georges Mental Health NHS Trust; since January 2009 – Present @ Springfield Hospital, 61 Glenburnie Road, SW17 7DJ
Substance Misuse (Addictions); Dual Diagnosis
1) Psychology Research Proposal Prize, Fourth Year Medical Student, King's College London (1998).
2) Addiction Faculty of Royal College of Psychiatrists bursaries to attend Annual Meetings: i) Belfast (2007) ii) Amsterdam (2008).
3) Young Psychiatrist’s Fellow Award to attend The World Psychiatric Association (WPA) Congress, Prague, 20-25 Septembers 2008.
English, Persian (Farsi)
A case of aripiprazole and tardive dyskinesia(Link)
Journal of Psychopharmacology, March 2009
London Division Newsletter articles(Link)
Royal College of Psychiatrists
Senior Editor (since 2005)
Courses offered to GPs
- BSc. University College London, U. of London 1996
- MBBS King's College London, U. of London 1999
- RCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 2003
- MSc. King's College London, U. of London 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- General psychiatry (Substance Misuse Psychiatry), 2008
Affiliations / memberships
• General Medical Council: 4637608
• Royal College of Psychiatrists: 802454
• British Medical Association: 7884588
- Nightingale Hospital, NW1 6SH
- 18:30 - 21:00
- 020 7535 7700
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 7535 7700
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: Cyrus.Abbasian