- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Morsi qualified from Ain Shams University in Cairo in 1992 and completed his MD postgraduate clinical research over 2 years in Erlangen in Germany. He completed specialist training in keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery at the James Cook University Hospital Endometriosis Centre in the North of England. He received further focused one-to-one training in the laparoscopic treatment of advanced (deep infiltrating) endometriosis in some of the world's leading centres for advanced endometriosis, including the Advanced Endometriosis Centre in The Friederich Alexander University Hospital in Erlangen Germany, the MATTU in Guildford Surrey, IRCAD in Strasbourg France, Villach Advanced Endometriosis Centre in Villach Austria and the Avicenna Advanced Endometriosis Surgery Centre in Tehran Iran. Mr Morsi has been treating patients with endometriosis since he became a consultant in 2007. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. He has recently set up the Dudley Provisional BSGE Endometriosis Centre and works closely with the multidisciplinary team to manage women with deep infiltrating endometriosis.
Mr Morsi is an experienced and effective laparoscopic surgeon. He specialises in the use of minimal access techniques for the treatment of advanced endometriosis, pelvic pain, fibroids and benign gynaecological conditions and is especially interested in advanced Laparoscopic (keyhole surgery). His experience comes from the hours spent in the operating theatre over the years providing him with the expertise needed to successfully treat many patient with endometriosis. This extensive experience is invaluable to patients with complex endometriosis.
Mr Morsi has published in peer reviewed journals on the subject as well as lectured nationally and internationally on endometriosis and laparoscopic surgery. He is very keen to teach techniques in laparoscopy and has successfully delivered many training courses to consultants as well as deanery courses to younger doctors in training from all over the UK as well as from Europe.
Areas of interest
Endometriosis; Pelvic Pain; Keyhole Surgery; Laparoscopic Excision of Endometriosis; Excision of Deep Endometriosis; Laparoscopic Ureterolysis/Adhesiolysis; diathermy to endometriosis; Laparoscopy tubal/ovarian surgery/sterilisation; Laparoscopic trachelectomy; Removal of cervix; Laparoscopic Ovarian cystectomy; Laparoscopic Salpingectomy; Laparoscopic Ophorectomy; Laparoscopic/Open Myomectomy; Keyhole or Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy; Vaginal Hysterectomy; Laparoscopic/Open Subtotal Hysterectomy; Cauterisation lesion of cervix; Dilatation curettage polypectomy; Hysteroscopy; Stress Urinary Incontinence; Insertion of suburethral tape sling (TOT, TransObturator Tape); Total Abdominal Hysterectomy; Novasure Endometrial Ablation; Anterior +/- posterior colporrhaphy; Repair of enterocele; Excision lesion of vagina/vulva; Insertion of pessary; Excision Bartholin gland/cyst. Anterior Vaginal Wall Repair, Enterocele Repair, Sacrospinous ligament fixation, Posterior Vaginal Wall Repair.
- Karon Aldis
- Nephrology Department Russells Hall Hospital Pensnett Road Dudley DY1 2HQ
- 01384 456111
- 07805 922508
Anaesthetists worked with
- NHS Hospital Consultant Finger page
- Laparoscopic Training Course
- Dudley Provisional Endometriosis Centre
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon & Obstetrician
Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust
Lead Gynaecologist for the Dudley Provisional Endometriosis Centre
Russells Hall Hospital
Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain - efficacy of different medical and surgical modalities on patient outcomes
Safety of Gynaecological Laparoscopic surgery compared to conventional open surgery.
Apoptosis and Hormonal Modulation; effects on progression of endometrial malignancies.
Clinical Research Fellow (MD) at the Friedrich-Alexander University, Women’s Hospital in Erlangen, Germany (1997-1999)
Awarded the 2002/2003 Annual International FIGO / ESRF post-doctoral research fellowship (declined due to MRCOG IDTP training)
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Fluent
1. Hashem Elhossamy, Hassan Morsi. Ectopic Gestational Trophoblastic Disease. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. December 2014, 30(6): 360-362.
2. Hashem Elhossamy, Hassan Morsi. Recognition and Prevention of Gastric Injury During Gynecologic Laparoscopy. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. Accepted November 2013.
3. Karpate SJ, Morsi H, Shehmar M, Dale J, Patel C. Euglycemic ketoacidosis in pregnancy and its management: case report and review of literature. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013 Dec;171(2):386-7.
4. Morsi H, Nightingale P, De Silva MS. Obesity Does Not Increase rates of Major Complications Or Conversion Rates In Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. August 2013, 29(4): 190-195.
5. Tirumuru S, Samiramis S, Morsi H, Muammar B. Intrauterine balloon tamponade in the management of severe postpartum hemorrhage: a case series from a busy UK district general. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. February 2013;3(1A).
6. Agur W, Hassan M, Laban M, Morsi H, Abou-Senna I. The relationship between bcl-2 oncogene expression and clinicopathological criteria in various stages of cervical neoplasia in Egyptian women. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2010;31(5):536-8.
7. Ahmad H. Naguib, Hassan M. Morsi, Tamer F. Borg, Salah T. Fayed, Hosam M. Hemeda. Vaginal misoprostol for second trimester pregnancy termination after one previous caesarean delivery. Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2010:108:48-51.
8. Morsi H, Phillips G. Can centralized care of complex laparoscopic procedures prevent urinary tract injuries. Gynecol Surg. 2009:6:237-243
9. H.M.Morsi, M. P.G. Leers, M. Radespiel-Tröger, V. Björklund , H. El Kabarity, M. Nap and W. Jäger. Apoptosis, Bcl-2 expression and proliferation in benign and malignant endometrial epithelium: an approach using multiparameter flow cytometry. Gynecologic Oncology. 2000:77:11 – 17.
10. Morsi HM, Leers MPG, Jäger W, Björklund V, El Kabarity H, Nap M, Lang N. The patterns of expression of an apoptosis-related CK18-neoepitope, the Bcl-2 proto-oncogene and the Ki67 proliferation marker in normal, hyperplastic and malignant endometrium. International Journal of Gynecological Pathology. 2000:19(2):118.
Courses offered to GPs
Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Fellowship of The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists RCOG 2016
- Intermediate Level Laparoscopic Surgery SSM; British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) & Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists BSGE / RCOG 2008
- CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training): Obstetrics & Gynaecology PMETB 2007
- Membership of The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists RCOG 2003
- MD; “The effect of Tamoxifen on the endometrium in relation to the Bcl-2 oncogene” Ain Shams University, Cairo Egypt / Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Germany 2001
Reference number 6049995
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- NHS Consultant Specialist General Medical Council 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- PMETB, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
Member of the British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
Member of the European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- West Midlands Hospital Colman Hill HALESOWEN...
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01384 560123
- West Midlands Hospital Colman Hill HALESOWEN...
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 01384 560123
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: hassan.morsi1