- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon based at the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
I qualified from the University of Iceland in 1992 and subsequently moved to the UK to pursue a surgical career.
After my basic surgical training in London, I became a Specialist Registrar on the Cambridge rotation.
On completion of my Trauma and Orthopaedic training, I did further subspecialty training in Foot and Ankle surgery at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.
Areas of interest
All foot and ankle conditions, acquired or following injury (bunions, lesser toe deformities, arthritis, forefoot, midfoot, hindfoot and ankle conditions, tendon and ligament disorders, sports injuries and conditions following fractures and soft tissue trauma)
- Pam Munday
- West Suffolk Hospitals N H S Trust West Suffolk Hospital Hardwick Lane BURY ST EDMUNDS IP33 2QZ
- 01284 713774
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
West Suffolk Hospital
Bury St Edmunds
- Candidatus Medicinae et Chirurgiae (equivalent to MBBS) Medical faculty, University of Iceland 1992
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2005
- Specialist foot and ankle fellowship training Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Speicialist Register as Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon,, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
British Medical Association
- St Mary's Square BURY ST EDMUNDS IP33 2AA
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01284 716717
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
BMI St Edmunds hospital switch board tel: 01284 701371
Pam Munday (private secretary): 01284 713774