- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Open Referral network
Ben is a qualified and registered osteopath recognised by the governing body of the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC). He has studied full-time for four years gaining his Naturopathic and Osteopathic Diplomas.
Ben has studied the extended 5 year programme which involves special study modules such as sports medicine, animal osteopathy and cranial osteopathy. He also undertook a special interest research project which examined the effects of osteopathic treatment and functional core stability exercises on body sway in low back pain patients.
The extended 5 year programme gave Ben a Bachelor of Osteopathic Medicine (B Ost Med) of which there are only a handful in the country.
The service Ben provides is quite different than that of a normal osteopath. He has a long history of sporting interests and has worked closely with sports teams and individuals as both a sports therapist and an osteopath. The patient care he provides will also differ because he provides comprehensive rehabilitation advice which is conducive to improving a patient’s complaint.
Much of his current practice is in dealing with sports injuries. For example, he supports a mixed martial arts gym, who are regarded as the top UK team and respected world wide, with a number of patients competing at national and international levels.
His experience includes:
• Working within the NHS
• Working in a specialist spinal clinic
• Studying sports injuries courses and a specialist research project on core stability and functional exercise
• Working with olympic and international athletes from many different disciplines within the martial arts arena
• He designs exercise and rehabilitation programmes for his patients together with a multidisciplinary team of therapists, bringing you a superior level of treatment and expertise
• He lectures to companies such as Cadbury Schweppes and the Government Driving Agency on topics such as safety at work, manual handling and postural issues.
Areas of interest
Sports Injuries; Whiplash; Trapped Nerves (Sciatica); Disc Injuries, Headaches; Neck Pain; Shoulder Pain; Arm Pain; Low Back Pain; Hip Pain; Knee Pain; Ankle & Foot Pain; Arthritic Pain
Sports, Martial Arts, Socialising, Cinema, Travel
The Reality of Lower Leg Injuries
Exercising With Arthritis
Body Fit Magazine
Affiliations / memberships
General Osteopathic Council; British Osteopathic Association
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ben Ludlow 07812541080
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Follow on osteopath session - (5-50)
Initial osteopath session - (1-5)