- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Dr Kirk-Bayley graduated from St. George’s Hospital Medical School, London.
He undertook post-graduate anaesthetic training in major teaching hospitals in the UK including, the Royal London, St. George’s & Brighton in addition to fellowships in Melbourne Australia.
He was appointed as a consultant at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in 2009.In addition to practicing anaesthesia, Dr Kirk-Bayley is an intensive care consultant specialist specialising in looking after patients after major surgery.
Dr Kirk-Bayley is an expert in the use of ultrasound in intensive care and anaesthetics and trains people nationally. He is an editor of the Journal of the Intensive Care Society.
Areas of interest
Ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia
Anaesthesia for high-risk patients
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Trust
High risk patient pathways
Enhanced recovery after surgery
Protocolised peri-operative care
Point of care ultrasound
Digital Editor for the Journal of the Intensive Care Society
- MB BS St George's Hospital Medical School 1995
Reference number 4200361
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians of London 2001
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2005
- European Diploma of Intensive Care European Society of Intensive Care Medicine 2009
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine 2010
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthetics & Intensive Care Medicine, 2009