- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Reproductive medicine
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
I am a widely experienced obstetrician and gynaecologist. I am proficient in general gynaecology, open abdominal as well vaginal gynaecological surgery. I am fully trained in laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery. I am a reflective clinician with a great enthusiasm for high quality patient care.
Areas of interest
Gynaecology; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); Hysteroscopic surgery; Menstrual disorders (menorrhagia); Pelvic disorders including gynaecological pain; Endometriosis; Minimally invasive surgery; Minimal access surgery; Hysterectomy; Prolapse; Ovarian cysts; Pelvic ultrasound; fibroids; Vaginal repairs; Novasure and Cavaterm Endometrial ablation; Endometrial resection; Fibroid resection; Recurrent miscarriages; 3D Transvaginal ultrasound
- Lindsay Mannion
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital Manor Lane Fawkham LONGFIELD DA3 8ND
- 01474 872671
- Mr Gabriel Awadzi, Consultant Gynaecologist : http://www.dvh.nhs.uk
- Darent Valley Hospital Specialists : http://www.dvh.nhs.uk
- BMI Healthcare : http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/consultant
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist,
Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent.
1) Lead for Early Pregnancy Unit/Emergency Gynaecology
2) Lead for Gynaecology Risk
3) Lead for Obstetrics & Gnaecology Audit
4) Transvaginal Ultrasound Scanning Trainer
5) RCOG Supervisor for Advanced Training Specialist Modules
Includes a multi-centre RCT of early pregnancy disorders such as the GEM3 (Combination Gefitinib and Methotrexate to treat Ectopic pregnancy),
I am the Principal Investigator for GEM3 at the Darent Valley site.
1) I have been a full time member of the medical team for the Formula 1 British Grand Prix for 20 years.
2) I am licensed as a MotorsportUK/FIA doctor
3) Advanced Trauma & Life Support Provider
4) My other interests include Aviation, Videography and Photography.
1) Level 1 Clinical Excellence Award 2011.
2) British Society for Gynaecological Surgery Travel Fellowship, 2005.
3) Finalist for Care and Compassion Award, Dartford & Gravesham NHS Trust (Individual Category) 2018
1) Uterine Rupture at 32 weeks gestation of an Intramyometrial Pregnancy following myomectomy. Annual Scientific Conference, Association of Early Pregnancy Units November 2017
2) An Automated Gynaecology Dashboard. Annual Scientific Conference, Association of Early Pregnancy Units November 2017
3) Twin Reversed Arterial Perfusion sequence (T.R.A.P.)Annual Scientific Conference, Association of Early Pregnancy Units November 2017.
4) Transvaginal scanning: spotting problems in early pregnancy. Obs Gynae & Midwifery News Dec 2013 Issue 4 Page 26-29.
5) Recurrent interstitial ectopic pregnancy. Poster presentation at Association of Early Pregnancy
Units Conference. Nov 201
6) Laparoscopic Uterosacral Nerve Ablation for Alleviating Chronic Pelvic Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J. Daniels; R. Gray; R.K. Hills; P. Latthe; L. Buckley; J. Gupta; K.S. Khan on behalf of the LUNA Trial Collaboration JAMA. 2009;302(9):955-961.
7) A clinical evaluation of LOTUS shears in gynaecological surgery. Awadzi G, Frappell J, Sibanda T, Oriolowo A. Gynecol Surg 2005 2: 183-186.
8) Arterio-Venous Malformations. A rare but serious cause of uterine bleeding. Awadzi G, Frappell J, Rao A, Lewis. Gynecol Surg 2005. 2: 67-69.
9) Sibanda T, Awadzi G, Transvaginal Ultrasound reports in the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancies. Ultrasound Obstet Gynaecol. 2003; 22. 100-101.
10) Spontaneous Bilateral Ectopic pregnancy. J.P. Twigg, G.K. Awadzi, F.N. Mcleod. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 1996.vol.16/No.2: 94.
11) Rao AR, Awadzi G, Sibanda T; Estimated Blood Loss At Caesarean Section: How Accurate Is It? Poster: British Maternal & Fetal Medicine Society 10th Annual Conference, April 2005; Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology; 25 (Suppl 1): S31.
12) Microwave Endometrial Ablation. What a sonologist should know. 14th Annual ISGE conference, London April 2005.
13) Sibanda T, Awadzi G, Nikunj N, Van de Venne M, Crofts J; Outcomes of Induction of Labour in Twin Pregnancies. Poster: International Society for Intrauterine Surveillance (ISIS), June 2003; London, UK.
14) Care beyond compare. G.K. Awadzi. Autosport. Magazine. August 2001.
15) The life of a motorsport doctor. Awadzi, G. Southwest Obs & Gynae newsletter, April 2002.
16) Endoscopic Surgery Down Under, BSGE Newsletter, September 2005.
Courses offered to GPs
GP Update for the management of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
GP Update for Endometrial Ablation
GP Update for Early Pregnancy Disorders
- MBBS IBADAN 1984
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 1992
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2005
- Certification in Vaginal Ultrasound Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2005
- Certification in Intermediate Laparoscopic Surgery Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2005
- Certification in Hysteroscopic Surgery Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists 2005
- Post Grad Cert Clin Ed University of Exeter & Plymouth 2005
- Qualified Educational Supervisor Programme Kent Sussex & Surrey Deanery 2011
- Advanced Trauma & Life Support Provider Royal College Of Surgeons London 2018
- Laparoscopic Skills for Gynaecologists MATTU Centre Guildford 2013
- Advances in 3D Transvaginal Ultrasound GE Healthcare Education Centre 2013
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Course IMACS centre, Maidstone 2015
Reference number 3649084
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training , 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
Medical Defence Union
British Medical Association
MotorSport UK /FIA Registered Doctor
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01474 875601
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital, DA3 8ND
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01474 875601
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Fawkham Manor Hospital