- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Venkat Raman, qualified in Medicine and has completed postgraduate training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. He has worked in leading teaching hospitals in India and United Kingdom. He provides comprehensive care in obstetrics and gynaecology including the management of acute gynaecological emergencies.
Dr Venkat Raman has more than 30 years of experience as a specialist in obstetrics and gynaecology and has performed many surgical procedures including abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation, colposcopy, surgery for uterine and vaginal prolapse.
He is an accredited colposcopist and is well versed with the management of precancer lesions of the cervix.
Areas of interest
General Gynaecology; Benign Gynaecology; Recurrent miscarriage; Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina); Hysteroscopic surgery; Gynaecological / obstetric imaging; abdominal hysterectomy; vaginal hysterectomy; vaginal prolapse; anterior repair; posterior repair; Hysteroscopy; Colposcopy; Endometrial ablation; menstrual disorders; LLETZ (loop excision cervix); miscarriage; Pre-pregnancy counselling
- Mandy Porter
- Southend Hospital Prittlewell Chase WESTCLIFF-ON-SEA SS0 0RY
- 01702 385154
- 07788 710938
- 01702 385961
Anaesthetists worked with
- Group Anaesthetists of Southend Not Fee Assured
- Organised the East Anglia Obstetric and Gynaecological Society Meeting at Southend
- Introduced Enhanced Recovery in Obstetrics at Southend Hospital
- completed the prestigious 2 year NHS leadership academy programme - the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Programme - leading to the award of M Sc in Heatlhcare Leadership
- Completed the Bond Solon modules and awarded Certificate in Medical Expert Witness (Cardiff University)
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Southend University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
2. Lead consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology for the undergraduate medical education at Southend University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
3. Member, R&D committee, Southend University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
4. Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, the Barts and London Medical School, London.
1. Recurrent Miscarriages
2. High-Risk Obstetrics
3. Enhanced Recovery in Obstetrics
Peer reviewer for Scientific Journals.
Represented the Osmania Medical College Basketball Team that participated in the All India Inter-Medical Meet held at Pune, India.
Represented the College Chess Team.
Was the Captain of the Osmania Medical College Tennikoit Team that won the team championship in the All-India Inter-medical meet.
Enjoy Indian Classical music. Learnt Indian Violin for a short period of time.
Keenly interested in the computers and software programmes.
Distinction and University Second in Social and Preventive Medicine in Undergraduate Medicine,
Awarded prizes for the best paper presentation in the All India Obstetrics and Gynaecology annual scientific meeting.
Awarded prizes for the best poster presentation at the annual R&D meet at Southend Hospital
Project lead for Enhanced Recovery in Obstetrics - nominated for Hospital Heroes award, highly commended at the HSJ value in healthcare awards 2017
Published widely in peer reviewed journals.
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to be contacted
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.southend.nhs.uk/about-us/media-centre/southend-news/nr-44-(2017)/
- MBBS Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India 1980
- DGO Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India 1984
- MD Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India 1985
- Diplomate National Board National Board of Examiners, New Delhi, India 1986
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, UK 1992
- Certificate in advanced obstetric ultrasound Joint Standing Committee of the RCOG/RCR, London 1997
- BSCCP accredited Colposcopist British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology 2006
- RCOG special skills module in Maternal Medicine Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, UK 2006
- M Sc in Healthcare Leadership University of Birmingham and the Manchester University 2015
- Cardiff University Bond Solon (CUBS) Certificate in Expert Witness Cardiff Law School, Cardiff University, UK 2015
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2009
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education Continuing Medical Education, University of Cambridge, UK 2017
- Healthcare Leadership NHS Leadership Academy - Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Programme 2013
- Medical Expert Witness Cardiff University Bond Solon 2015
- Medical Appraiser Training for Enhanced Appraissals Southend Hospital 2014
- Medical Education Institute of Continuing Medical Education, University of Cambridge 2017
Reference number 3642252
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow (member) of the RCOG Professional Development Committee Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2015
- Member (Fellow), RCOG Professional Development Committee Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2015
- Examiner, MRCOG Part 3, RCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, UK 2016
- Member, RCOG electronic fetal monitoring board Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, UK 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council Specialist Register, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College Of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
Member Medical Defense Union
Member British Medical Association
- Spire Wellesley Hospital Eastern Avenue...
- 08:30 - 13:00
- 07917 845042
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: n.venkat.raman