- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Anand trained in Orthopaedics in London, Manchester and Leeds. Upon completion of his UK orthopaedic training, he undertook one year of Specialist Surgical Fellowship training in arthroplasty and sports injuries at Sportsmed SA, Australia, which is one of the largest such unit in the Southern hemisphere.
In addition to knee replacements, arthroscopic surgery and soft tissue reconstructions, he deals with complex knee injuries in young adults. He holds weekly acute knee injury clinics at the Nuffield and Spire hospitals Leeds, to ensure prompt and optimum treatment for often missed injuries.
He has special interest in meniscal preservation surgery in young adults, which aims to prevent development of arthritis and has regularly presented his results at various meetings.
He does hip arthoscopic surgery work at Nuffield and Spire hospital, to deal with selected groin pain conditions and trochanteric bursitis.
Areas of interest
Hip arthroscopy; Lower limb arthroplasty; Sports injuries; Knee surgery; Ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament; Soft tissue reconstruction; knee pain; osteoarthritis; ACL; patellofemoral problems; knee cap problems; knee dislocation; hip impingement; femoroacetabular impingement;
- Amy Stott
- Spire Leeds Hospital Jackson Avenue LEEDS LS8 1NT
- 07872 507539
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Kristopher Welsh Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr Anand is regularly invited to present his research work at various national and international meetings. He currently has 25 international research publications available. He has presented his research work at various national and international meetings. He has written multiple book chapters on knee conditions..
- MBBS University of Delhi 1993
- MS Orthopaedics University of Delhi 1996
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland 2000
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons 2006
- Diploma Sports and Exercise Medicine Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine 2006
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education Newcastle University 2012
Reference number 5199157
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Executive member at large British Association for Surgery of the Knee 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedics Association
British Association for Surgery of the Knee
Medical Defence Union
- Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital, LS1 3EB
- 10:00 - 13:30
- 0113 350 9782
- Spire Leeds Hospital, LS8 1NT
- 14:00 - 16:30
- 0113 218 5913
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.