- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Consultant in Anaesthesia and Critical care Medicine with over 16 years experience. Clinical lead for Anaesthesia at St George's Hospital.
Specialist in cardiovascular and Thoracic Anaesthesia and ICU. Expertise in all forms of general and regional anaesthesia for adults.
Areas of interest
Cardiothoracic anaesthesia; Intensive care medicine; Echocardiography; General anaesthesia; Anaesthesia for bariatric surgery; Diving medicine
- Catherine Edsell
Current NHS consultant posts held
St George's Hospital, London
Clinical research interest in surgical outcomes and cerebral perfusion during cardiac surgery.
Basic sciences research in hypoxia and cerebral perfusion at altitude
I have over twenty years experience in expedition medicine and leadership. I have completed high altitude research trips to Nepal, Bhutan, Ladakh, Tanzania, Ecuador and the Alps.
I work with conservation organisations providing diving medicine support for marine research in Indonesia
- MB ChB University of Birmingham 1997
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2004
- FCARCSI Faculty of Anaesthesia (RCSI) 2004
- FFICM Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine 2011
- UK Accreditation in Transoesphageal Echocardiography British Society of Echocardiography 2009
- Diploam Diving & Hyperbaric Medicine SPUMS (Australia) 2008
Reference number 4399847
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.