- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist who trained at The University of Birmingham. I completed a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and hold both a Degree and a Masters Degree in Psychology. In 2012 I was made an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. I have over 12 years' experience in the NHS and private practice.
I have a wealth of experience in helping adults struggling with a range of difficulties including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, PTSD, OCD, panic, work related issues, abuse, relationship difficulties, psychosis and bi-polar disorder.
Areas of interest
Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Relationship problems; Depression; Anxiety; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Individual therapy; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Bereavement; Eating Disorders
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pain management
I am an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
1. Addy, K., Beavan-Pearson, J & Koch, H (2013). ‘Don’t forget memory problems: When to get a neuropsychological assessment’. Expert Witness Journal, 70, Summer.
2. Koch, H., Beavan-Pearson, J & Willows, J (2013). ‘Why did this happen to me? The psychological effects of medical accidents or negligence. Expert Witness Journal, Autumn.
Beavan-Pearson, J., Byram, V & Willows, J (2013). Review: ‘Following a trauma, which children are most likely to develop post traumatic stress disorder? Personal Injury Brief Update Law Journal (PIBLU) December
- B.A (Hons) Psychology The University of Liverpool 1993
- M.A. Psychology The University of Liverppol 1994
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology The University of Birmingham 2003
Details of entry to specialist register
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the British Psychological Society.
Member of the Health Care Professionals Health Council
- Fred Bulmer CentreWall StreetHerefordHR4 9HP
- 13:00 - 16:00
- 07805 136269
- South Bank Hospital139 Bath RoadWorcester
- 10:00 - 16:30
- 01905 362295
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.