- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
My name is Gurmit Dhillon and I have been working in the NHS for the last 13 years, in mental health area. I have worked with various mild, moderate and complex mental health cases both in NHS and privately.
Areas of interest
I have been working with complex anxiety and depression conditions and find this to be challenging and rewarding.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Pain management
Current NHS consultant posts held
I'm currently working as a Specialist Psychotherapist for the NHS in 'Talking Therapies'; an government initiative to work with mild to moderate mental health problems.
I have particular interest in working with severe mental illness and have given a few presentation both in the UK and internationally.
I spend most of my spare time with my family and play sports such as hockey and golf.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- PhD University of Southampton 2014
- MSc University of Southampton 2008
- BSc in Sports Science University of Malaya 2001
- EMDR EMDR ltd 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy BABCP 2009
- British Psychological Society BPS 2016
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: dhillg