- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
I qualified in 1990 and have practiced orthopaedic surgery for over 18 years. I have worked in the Spinal Surgery Unit in Cardiff and in the famous Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. I have completed a Spinal Surgical Fellowship in the world renowned Centre for Spinal Surgery in Nottingham and was a Visiting Spinal Fellow in Inselspital, Bern in Switzerland.
He routinely performs various spinal operations including lumbar decompression and disc surgery, cervical and lumbar fusion, disc replacement, motion preserving spinal surgery, fixation of spinal fractures and spinal injections.
I have introduced minimally invasive spinal surgery in Salisbury as well as vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for osteoporotic spinal fractures. I also undertake general orthopaedic surgery and trauma surgery.
Areas of interest
- Eloise Marlow
- Dept. Of Orthopaedics Salisbury District Hospital Odstock Road SALISBURY SP2 8BJ
- 01722 343538
- 01722 345534
- Terrina Fairs
- New Hall Hospital Bodenham SALISBURY SP5 4EY
- 01722 435176
- 01722 435158
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Julia Bowditch Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Salisbury District Hospital
2. New Hall Hospital
3. Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre
I have a keen interest in research and have authored over 40 papers, presentations and publications. One of my papers was awarded “the J W Fielding Young Researcher Prize” ($1000) by the Cervical Spine Research Society in Utah, USA in 2009.
Cycling, Swimming, and trekking.
- J W Fielding Young Researcher Prize, USA, 2009.
- Centre for Spinal Studies Grant, Oswestry, UK, 2006..
- Zimmer Research Fund Grant, Newport, UK, May 2004.
-Howmedica National Fellowship in Arthroplasty, India, Aug- Oct 1995.
-Goa Medical College Travelling Fellowship, 1993.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Conversational
- Bengali - Conversational
- Nepali - Conversational
- Pāli - Conversational
- How accurate is partial weight bearing?Clinical Orthopaedic and Related Research. Vol 421, p 282-286, 2004.
- The effect of intravenous cannula length on the rate of flow of infusion. Injury Extra. Vol 37, No 1, p 41-45, 2006.
- Fifth metatarsal bone fracture: A simple classification. Foot Ankle Surg, Vol 13, No 1: p 30-34, 2007
- Objective functional assessment of total hip arthroplasty following two common surgical approaches- posterior and direct lateral.Journal of Engineering in Medicine. Vol 222, No 6, 2008
- Cauda Equina Syndrome- review of literature British Journal of Hospital Medicine. Vol 69, No 3, p 344- 347, 2008.
-Comparison of three types of osteotomy in ankylosing spondylitis- a case series and evolution of a safe technique for instrumented reduction. Eur Spine J. 2011 Dec; 20(12):2252-60
- Claustrophobia- a proxy for psychological distress in patients with back pain..J Spinal Disord Tech. 2012 Aug;25(6):318-23.
-Efficacy of exercise therapy for treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis- a review of literature. Eur Spine J. 2012 Mar; 21(3):382-9.
Courses offered to GPs
- Management of back pain
- Osteoporotic spinal fractures
- Salisbury Spine Unit
Dural Tears: 1-2% (primary), 4-5% (revision)
- MBBS Goa Medical College, India 1991
- MS Ortho Goa Medical Collge, India 1994
- FRCSG Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow 2001
- FRCS Tr & Orth Intercollegiate Board 2007
Reference number 4667575
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Head of Orthopaedic Department Salisbury District Hospital 2013
- Member of Professional Practice Committee British Association of Spine Surgeons 2007
- Member British Orthopaedic Association 2002
- Member AO Spine 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- AO Spine
- New Hall Hospital
- 09:00 - 16:30
- 01722 435176
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.