- Fee assured
- Verified account
Qualified at King's College Hospital Medical School with BSc (Hons) Physiology; LRCP, MRCS; MBBS,
FRCP (Lond, Glasg, Edin); FRCS (Eng)
Fellow, Institute of Sport & Exercise Medicine
Fellow, Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine
Visiting Professor, University of Malaya
Visiting Lecturer, National University, Singapore
Attending Clinician Olympic Games (Team GBR) 1984/88/92
Competition Doctor Olympic Games (IWF)
Chairman, IWF Medical Committee and Executive Board Member 2014/2018 - present
Areas of interest
Inflammatory joint disorders eg rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Raynaud's.
Degenerative joint disorders: osteoarthritis, spinal spondylosis.
Metabolic bone disease (MBD) eg osteoporosis, osteopaenia, Paget's disease.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Studies in assessing risk/benefit outcomes in clinical practice.
Discretionary awards from NHS Trust
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Native or bilingual
See bibliography in CV
Courses offered to GPs
Assessment of spinal function
Distinguishing seropositive v seronegative arthritis
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- FFSEM Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine, RCS Edin 2004
- FISEM Institute of Sport & Exercise Medicine 1996
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1994
- MRCP UK Royal College of Physcians 1977
- LRCP;MRCS; MB BS King's College Hospital Medical School 1973
- BSc (Hons) Physiol Kings College, University of London 1970
Reference number 1641967
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chairman, Medical Committee IWF International Weightlifting Federation 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 1974
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Switchboard, Princess Margaret Hospital