- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Thirty years of respiratory and G(I)M experience. Expertise includes breathing disorders, asthma, COPD and cough.
Areas of interest
Respiratory disorders; Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); Lung cancer. Interstitial lung disorders.
Occupational lung diseases; Asbestos-related and other pneumoconioses; Ventilatory disorders; Vocal cord dysfunction; Cough.
Cough interest includes causes such as silent reflux, cough-variant asthma and investigation of causes of cough.
- Kathryn Hughes
- Department of Respiratory Medicine Ysbyty Gwynedd Penrhosgarnedd BANGOR LL57 2PW
- 01248 384330
- 01248 384683
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Respiratory & General Medicine
Number of publications over many years in the areas of lung cancer treatment, pleural diseases, COPD drug trials and nebuliser assessment, diabetes, ulcerative colitis, as well as a number of case reports in a variety of respiratory conditions.
- MRCP diploma Royal College of Physicians (London) 1977
- Diploma of Anaesthetics FRCA 1976
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians (London) 1996
- MD degree University of Bristol 1989
- MB.ChB. degree University of Bristol 1973
- CUBS Expert Witness Certificate University of Cardiff 2004
Reference number 1617474
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory Medicine, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
British Thoracic Society
Thoracic Society of Wales
UK Register of Expert Witnesses
- Spire Abergele Consulting Rooms, LL22 8LJ
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01745 828902
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07890 145431 - Personal mobile telephone