- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Lower GI surgery
Consultant surgeon in the regional colorectal surgery unit. Regional referral practice for the management of complex and recurrent hernias, particularly recurrent incisional hernia. Extensive experience of managing complex and recurrent pilonidal sinus.
Areas of interest
Colonoscopy; Colorectal surgery (lower GI); Anal fistula; Colon cancer; Rectal cancer; Inguinal hernia; Complex abdominal hernias; Complex and recurrent pilonidal sinus
- Ms Roisin Toner (NHS only)
- 028 9504 4552
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Kenneth W Harper Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant general and colorectal surgeon Belfast Trust
NI Director of Operation hernia: a charity providing hernia surgery in Ghana.
Presentation skills. Author of book on PowerPoint.
Ten year inguinal hernia recurrence rate published and documented at 1%.
Anastomotic leak rate for colorectal anastmosis less than 5%.
- FRCS (Ed) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1982
- FRCS (Lon) Ad Eundum Royal College of Surgeons of England 1996
- Diploma in Medical Informatics Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2001
Reference number 1392593
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Director of Professional Affairs (NI) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
- Ulster Independent Clinic, BT9 5JH
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 028 9068 7444
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
I can be contacted via the Ulster Independent Clinic switchboard: 02890 661212